4 million PC VR headsets sold within the past few years according to Nvidia

5 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's not a prediction though, the games sell poorly. Just for reference that Fallout 4 VR figure is 78,000 sold copies... Superhot is 102,000, Job Simulator is 170,000... Look how abysmal those figures are on PC and then look at PSVR... Skyrim: 36,000... 

SuperData-Research-Virtual-Reality-XR-Re

PSVR was at 2 million sold back then. The market nearly doubled since. Those games are still selling, Superhot is among the top 10 best selling games almost every month. Give it some time.

I wouldn't be surprised if softwares sales are up in 2018 on PSVR at least. It was a much better year for killer apps. 2017 was slow for VR games.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Word. Imagine when higher resolution devices come out allowing you to put in a headset and watching a 4k movie like you're in a movie theater. 

You obviously lost more than a few brain cells after getting sick. You sure you haven't fully recovered yet? Astro Bot is a great example of how to do VR right.

Astro Bot was easily one of the best titles of last year and one of the best VR games made.   Remipee

23 minutes ago, Ramza said:

:|

It's true and you god damn well know it :| 

The game is fine... but it's not a landmark fucking achievement in VR.  It does NOTHING new or interesting that hasn't been done in VR before.

7 hours ago, Remij_ said:

It's really easy to tell who the VRgins are around here... the regurgitate the same shit... and are completely ignorant.  Rem, please take us srsly PLZ!! :hest: 

There's never been a VR game more overrated than Astro-bot.  The critics have latched onto what they could.. so that VR could have "this moment" :mj: 

What a fucking FARCE. :rofl: It's a fine game... a good use of the technology.  But absolutely NOTHING special. :reg: 

You obviously lost more than a few brain cells after getting sick. You sure you haven't fully recovered yet? :hest: Astro Bot is a great example of how to do VR right.

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It's true and you god damn well know it :| 

The game is fine... but it's not a landmark fucking achievement in VR.  It does NOTHING new or interesting that hasn't been done in VR before.

I disagree, it's a benchmark title for VR. If you are to compare it to something similar to Moss, it's far more impressive in every way. It redefines what a third person platformer can be in VR. 

Not to mention it's just a damn good game. One of the best Platformer to ever came out of Sony first party. lol

And you need to stop hating. PCVR/PSVR... it's different sides of the same coin. Hell, just buy a PSVR for yourself without the PS Moves. Try Astro, Statik, Farpoint, Wipeout, etc and come back to me. 

If I was a rich bastard like you, I'd own a HTC Vive, no questions asked. At this point both sides are just awesome. I want to play Hellblade, Fallout 4 and other PC only VR games.  And with motion controllers that doesn't suck ass. (The PS Moves are unreliable shit) 

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

You obviously lost more than a few brain cells after getting sick. You sure you haven't fully recovered yet? :hest: Astro Bot is a great example of how to do VR right.

Acting like you know :mj: 

Just now, Ramza said:

I disagree, it's a benchmark title for VR. If you are to compare it to something similar to Moss, it's far more impressive in every way. It redefines what a third person platformer can be in VR. 

Not to mention it's just a damn good game. One of the best Platformer to ever came out of Sony first party. lol

And you need to stop hating. PCVR/PSVR... it's different sides of the same coin. Hell, just buy a PSVR for yourself without the PS Moves. Try Astro, Statik, Farpoint, Wipeout, etc and come back to me. 

If I was a rich bastard like you, I'd own a HTC Vive, no questions asked. At this point both sides are just awesome. I want to play Hellblade, Fallout 4 and other PC only VR games.  And with motion controllers that doesn't suck ass. (The PS Moves are unreliable shit) 

I'm not hating... I'm being realistic.  The game is GROSSLY overrated.  It's a great little package... some neat implementations of ideas done hundreds of times before into a nice cute little package.  THATS what Astro-bot is.... it's not VR's Citizen Kane and SM64 moment... lmao not even close.

Just now, Remij_ said:

I'm not hating... I'm being realistic.  The game is GROSSLY overrated.  It's a great little package... some neat implementations of ideas done hundreds of times before into a nice cute little package.  THATS what Astro-bot is.... it's not VR's Citizen Kane and SM64 moment... lmao not even close.

Who said it was Citizen Kane? 

Is that your argument? Who cares what some exciting gaming 'journalist' said on Twitter...

At the end of the day, it's one of the best VR game, PC or other wise. Nothing at this point in time compares. Period.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

I'd rather act like a I know than act like a complete dipshit. :hest:

I'm not saying anything ridiculous...

Astro-bot is overrated.  It's nothing special.  It's cute... and well polished and presented.  It's an easy title for the masses to latch on to and push.  As a VR game... it does nothing exemplary, imo.  It's not the second coming..  It's just really good.

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

Who said it was Citizen Kane? 

Is that your argument? Who cares what some exciting gaming 'journalist' said on Twitter...

At the end of the day, it's one of the best VR game, PC or other wise. Nothing at this point in time compares. Period.

That's bullshit... but whatever.

3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I'd rather act like a I know than act like a complete dipshit. :hest:

It's super ironic considering he has never played the game he is currently bashing. 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I'm not saying anything ridiculous...

Astro-bot is overrated.  It's nothing special.  It's cute... and well polished and presented.  It's an easy title for the masses to latch on to and push.  As a VR game... it does nothing exemplary, imo.  It's not the second coming..  It's just really good.

You read way too much into shit. Why can't you just accept that Astro Bot is AAA VR title with some of the highest critical acclaim in the VR space and call it a day?

2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

It's super ironic considering he has never played the game he is currently bashing. 

Wait? Seriously? :|:D

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

That's bullshit... but whatever.

The only bullshit here is you. Huge fans of VR games that plays on both PC and PSVR all claims it's one of the best VR game out there. 

Another irony is that I've probably played more PC VR games than you at this point. 

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

The only bullshit here is you. Huge fans of VR games that plays on both PC and PSVR all claims it's one of the best VR game out there. 

Another irony is that I've probably played more PC VR games than you at this point. 

Yea, probably :hest: 

Just now, Ramza said:

You own a PSVR now? Did it just came out of your ass?

Wait, because if you actually have one that makes it even worse. :pffft:

I'd never buy a PSVR currently.  I ALMOST did because they are dog ass cheap... but decided against it.  Possibly would get a PSVR2... if Sony would make it compatible with PC... which they should consider.  Simple VR link connection and everything is up and running with a driver install.  Would be amazing.