Giantbomb takes a look at Anthem

Ok so I played about an hour of this on PC. This game is the biggest Destiny clone . If someone told me this was Destiny DLC I would believe them.

The gameplay is better than destiny and the movement and shooting is good. That part is fun at least.

I tried playing SP since I was getting bad lag with a team and its not fun at all . If you plan on going solo this game is basically Destiny Horde mode. It sucks.  IDK if I had server issues or if the other players had shit connection, but hopefully that works itself out. You basically just have to defeat waves of enemies then stand at some crate and press X then repeat.

If you are playing this with friends I can see it being a good time. The enemies are boring, some straight Destiny clones. The story seems honestly D rate trash.

The game seems to run pretty good. I was getting pretty much locked 60 but there were some rare occasions where the game dropped into the low 50s even when my GPU was only at like max 75% usage. Uncapped it went from mid 60s to a bit over 100fps depending on area. There are also some weird glitches, like at one point like 20 enemies just disappeared . I was like....ooook.

The city and town parts even when at locked 60 do not feel anything like the actual gameplay in the world. The feel slow and choppy, its weird. Graphics are pretty decent tho.

Id be surprised if this game gets higher than a 70 meta.