Discussion: How much is Kingdom Hearts missing out for skipping the Switch?

Kingdom Hearts seems perfectly suited for the Switch audience. In addition to that, it would certainly appealed to the millions of children who just got Switch as gift this past holiday. It's pretty much a no brainer to at least get a KH collection for the Switch. But here we are, Switch is still not getting any of the KH games while SE released the umpteenth KH collection for the PS4.

giphy.gif

Edited by Pureis
5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Now you guys are intentionally asking for old ports?

tenor.gif?itemid=3535836

No. I’m just curious to why SE have not even thought of putting out any KH game for the Switch. I can understand why certain games like GTA or RDR skip the Switch but KH is made for the Nintendo demographic. It’s just strange for SE to ignore that.

1 minute ago, Pureis said:

No. I’m just curious to why SE have not even thought of putting out any KH game for the Switch. I can understand why certain games like GTA or RDR skip the Switch but KH is made for the Nintendo demographic. It’s just strange for SE to ignore that.

I'm not sure, but they can't get Kingdom Hearts III on the Switch because of technical reasons so what's the point to adding the others?

Yeah, KH1&2 HD would make sense on Switch.  I'm not sure I'd buy them again, but plenty of other Switch owners would.  SE is releasing like 9 games for Switch this year, though, so I wouldn't worry about it.  It's a safe bet KH1/2 will be on the system at some point.