3DMark - Port Royal benchmark updated with DLSS

DLSS does a really good job here.  Much cleaner and sharper.  Good performance boost as well.

http://images.nvidia.com/geforce-com/international/comparisons/3dmark-port-royal-nvidia-dlss/3dmark-port-royal-nvidia-dlss-feature-test-002-dlss-on-vs-dlss-off.html

http://images.nvidia.com/geforce-com/international/comparisons/3dmark-port-royal-nvidia-dlss/3dmark-port-royal-nvidia-dlss-feature-test-001-dlss-on-vs-dlss-off.html

1440p

3dmark-port-royal-nvidia-dlss-geforce-rt

3dmark-port-royal-nvidia-dlss-performanc

Up to 50% performance improvement on the 2060, and 42% on the 2080Ti.  Considering just how much ray-tracing is happening in this benchmark... those results are fucking incredible.  Far more than any game currently in development is pushing, quite likely.  Battlefield is getting DLSS support as well.  Pretty much all of these ray-tracing games will be using it... and for good reason.  BF5 with DLSS at 4K with 60fps will be easily possible.  It's almost possible already without DLSS.

All of a sudden, these games that support DLSS see each generation of RTX GPU shift up a notch.  You can see the 2080 performs like the 2080ti with DLSS off... the 2070 performs a bit better than the 2080 with DLSS off, and so on and so forth.  The 2060 actually sees performance pretty much on par with the 2080 with DLSS off.

That's pretty impressive.

Nvidia's had another terrible quarter, and they know damn well that the RTX launch was weak for supported titles.  DLSS is absolutely a killer feature and that they've got to announce more games which will support it.  I'm pretty sure RE2 Remake is getting DLSS in the future, and if that happens, I'd say that DMC5 will likely see it as well.  Shit is awesome B) 

16 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

They should make it so you can play 1080p with better performance 

LOL all the money you spent and you still want 1080p. :mj: 

Edited by kaz

I like 1080p It's clean I get 60 FPS. You people wanting more are crazy. Maybe it will change when I get a new rig but until then I think it's a lot for nothing. 

Did you forget that they praise 1080p for ps4 and xbox in 2013. I think that was sick. And now everyone wants 4k with high/ultra settings LOL

mark my words but I think the next console generation will be a disappointment. The leap in graphics is too huge to compare to PC. 

Edited by kaz

Im considering a 1440p monitor but a lot of games have resolution scaling and that's decent plus idk if my card will continue to be able 1440p in newer games this year.

I also don't know anything about monitors.

2 minutes ago, kaz said:

I like 1080p It's clean I get 60 FPS. You people wanting more are crazy. Maybe it will change when I get a new rig but until then I think it's a lot for nothing. 

Did you forget that they praise 1080p for ps4 and xbox in 2013. I think that was sick. And now everyone wants 4k with high/ultra settings LOL

The difference from playing on X to PC is pretty big, but PC gets 60fps so there is the trade off. 

4 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

The difference from playing on X to PC is pretty big, but PC gets 60fps so there is the trade off. 

fair enough. but it's weird to me you spent so much on PC hardware there's no reason for you to play on xbox. Eh whatever, not that I would care with my garbage can. But soon I will get a monster rig. 

Hermitpower :datass:

33 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

You need a new graphics card. IDK how you even play pc games with that

I can run the games I want to play like dota, sc2, poe and cs. It's my "failsafe" PC after I finally get a new one. 

But you are right, I need a new rig. Playing new games on medium settings locked at 30fps is not fun at all. And even then the games run very poorly with dips into 20s. :scared: 

I'm surprised my hardware survived the witcher 3. it ran better than I thought at high settings 40 FPS avg. but that game is from 2015 LOL. :scared: 

honorable mentions tho are games like RE2 remake. I played the demo on high settings 1080/60. I mean it doesn't mean much but my PC is not a fucking laptop. :mjcry:

didn't play the game on my PC tho. I have a Rempee kind of friend with a quantum computer. shit was out of this world to me. :mjcry: 

Edited by kaz
3 hours ago, Jon2B said:

They should make it so you can play 1080p with better performance 

You can.  Games will have 1080p, 1440p, and 4K DLSS resolutions.

If you're referring specifically to this benchmark, there is an option to select 1080p DLSS.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

You can.  Games will have 1080p, 1440p, and 4K DLSS resolutions.

If you're referring specifically to this benchmark, there is an option to select 1080p DLSS.

Oh I didn't know that. When are games going to support this? That could really make these cards last a long time

2 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I hope they don't log scores from DLSS runs or at least segment them from main scoring.

Yea, it's not counted at all.  There's no scoring.  The benchmark runs a section of the benchmark without DLSS first, and then with DLSS after.. then you get a screen comparing the FPS.  It's actually its own separate "Feature Test" in the same category as the API Overhead test as well, so no worries.

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yea, it's not counted at all.  There's no scoring.  The benchmark runs a section of the benchmark without DLSS first, and then with DLSS after.. then you get a screen comparing the FPS.  It's actually its own separate "Feature Test" in the same category as the API Overhead test as well, so no worries.

Okay good, I was having flashbacks to the ATI FP16 days when people were using alternate rendering methods to manipulate their results. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!