So nobody's going to make a thread about this (Switch not getting Gamepass any time soon)???

There has been a lot of talk out there about Game Pass on the Switch. I'm hearing from multiple sources that is not happening. Let me qualify, that is definitely not happening in the near term. I can't ever say never, because Microsoft wants Game Pass on TV's, they want it on PC's, they want it on Xbox, they want it everywhere with their XCloud stuff, but as of right now I am hearing from multiple people that it isn't coming to the Switch. Obviously things could change and all that good stuff, but yeah don't expect Game Pass on the Switch anytime soon. At least that is what I'm hearing.

Now of course, this is just as much a rumor as it was that it was happening in the first place... but maybe Aza will calm the fuck down now for the meantime? lmao

@DynamiteCop!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aza thinks PS5 is launching this year    Gamepass is happening... just not this year 

MS is in damage control mode because its too big of a leak they need to put the brakes on it a bit. The funny thing we had a Forza S leak today.

The issue is XCloud might not come till 2020, thats the big if here, when XCloud will be up. Obviously the ported native solutions were to build up the brand before a full XCloud deployment. 

Edited by Team 2019
4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Now of course, this is just as much a rumor as it was that it was happening in the first place... but maybe Aza will calm the fuck down now for the meantime? lmao

@DynamiteCop!

Aza thinks PS5 is launching this year :hehe:

Gamepass is happening... just not this year 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

?

You left off his last two sentences.  His Qualifier was "anytime soon" 

don't expect Game Pass on the Switch anytime soon. At least that is what I'm hearing.

Edited by Goukosan
Just now, Goukosan said:

You left off his last two sentences.  His Qualifier is "anytime soon" 

don't expect Game Pass on the Switch anytime soon. At least that is what I'm hearing.

Nah, it's right there in the quote in the OP.

"Anytime soon" meaning "if at all"

Just now, Goukosan said:

You left off his last two sentences.  His Qualifier is "anytime soon" 

That's not a confirmation of something ever coming. That just means it's not on the books now, it could be down the road but if it is it won't be seen for a long time.

Xbox is still getting their house in order, don't expect this. 

Just now, Remij_ said:

Nah, it's right there in the quote in the OP.

My bad... but point still holds.   No time soon but happening. 

I didn't expect it this year anyway.   The XCloud beta starts this year and next Xbox consoles are end of 2020.

2021 for the earliest on Nintendo systems. 

5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

I didn't expect it this year anyway.   The XCloud beta starts this year and next Xbox consoles are end of 2020.

Nobody should have been expecting it this year.  Next year though.. seemed reasonable.

That said, I agree that it will eventually happen.  At this point in Xbox's "transitioning" I'm not going to rule anything out completely.  There's always going to be those qualifiers added to the equation... such as "anytime soon" or "for the moment" or whatever.  MS is clearly open to new ways of doing business in gaming, but I definitely agree with Dynamite that MS is gonna get their own shit in order first before anything else.

7 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Don't expect it at all. When he said "anytime soon" that was from him belaying a thought to people watching. 

What his "multiple people" have said is "as of right now I am hearing from multiple people that it isn't coming to the Switch"

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Don't expect it at all. When he said "anytime soon" that was from him belaying a thought to people watching. 

What his "multiple people" have said is "as of right now I am hearing from multiple people that it isn't coming to the Switch"

Don't forget this part :whoo:

"Let me qualify, that is definitely not happening in the near term."

You're in denial if you don't think its on the road map down the line. 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Nobody should have been expecting it this year.  Next year though.. seemed reasonable.

That said, I agree that it will eventually happen.  At this point in Xbox's "transitioning" I'm not going to rule anything out completely.  There's always going to be those qualifiers added to the equation... such as "anytime soon" or "for the moment" or whatever.  MS is clearly open to new ways of doing business in gaming, but I definitely agree with Dynamite that MS is gonna get their own shit in order first before anything else.

That's why I said fall 2021....that's almost 3 full years away. 

All if 2019, all of 2020 and 3/4 2021......If MS doesn't have their shit together by then... it will be another tough gen for them. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

Don't forget this part :whoo:

"Let me qualify, that is definitely not happening in the near term."

You're in denial if you don't think its on the road map down the line. 

All of this started out as a rumor that I told everyone to bite their tongue on, and now it's coming back around this is not happening.. You guys need to wake up.

I stand by this.

You people are crazy, and just frankly dumb to boot if you think they're just going to start giving things up. There is going to be an expanse yes, but not in the way you all think there will be.

I can't be in denial about something I thought was never going to happen anyway, and it's now being reaffirmed that it's not going to happen. Take a look in the mirror.