Digital Foundry Retro - DCHDMI Review: The Ultimate Dreamcast HDMI Upgrade!

I just avoid all these problems by using a 4:3 HD CRT. My conversion setup from VGA to component produces similar results while always staying analog and not having to modify any hardware. Things like this are nice for trying to run these systems on modern TV's but they're not necessary outside of them. 

Also HD Retrovision is almost done developing their HDMI solution which will render things like this inferior. 

No way to get the best picture besides this internal mod i guess.

Used to use VGA on my old TV and it was incredible, new tVs rarely have VGA ports though. Now I have a simple hdmi cable for it which looks slightly worse than VGA, but for $20 I can forgive it.

Dreamcast outputs some retarded resolution though so it won't recognize on a lot of TVs. Mine won't recognize every now then but if i restart the console the TV manages to catch the 640x480 signal for some reason. :D Such a headache, I need to track down an old computer monitor and just use that.

Edited by Bodycount ex-X