AMD Computex Keynote LIVE NOW (12core/24thread Ryzen $499 July 7th release confirmed)

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Throwing so much shade at Intel and Nvidia lmao

It's surprising to hear a huge company like Acer talk about them so candidly.  LOL

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IPC, listen to this @lynux3 

Intel right now  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

True.

Also, it sounds like MS and AMD have a really strong relationship now.  But the lack of mentioning RT sucks.  It'll probably be on their architecture upgrade.

It does seem like they're turning themselves around on all fronts though.  Good shit. 

It seems about as strong as anyone else, nothing really stands out. I think the lack of ray-tracing is expected so there's definitely work to be done... only thing left to know about Navi is whether or not there's going to be something about hardware ray-tracing in their semi-custom solution and if Microsoft is going to use Navi in the next generation Xbox. There still hasn't been any clear indication that Navi is going to there.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I love this lady, she's such a competent and charismatic speaker. She's like a Mark Cerny except not a complete weirdo. 

If you think Mark Cerny is a weirdo then you have problems.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

So they've basically matched Intel's IPC in single thread, and have much better multi thread performance.  DAMN :whew: 

Matched? I think it's pretty clear that single threaded performance is higher at this point.