AMD Computex Keynote LIVE NOW (12core/24thread Ryzen $499 July 7th release confirmed)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IPC, listen to this @lynux3 

Intel right now  

Posted Images

I wonder if Threadripper really is dead or they're going to reintroduce it later? Also, 32% increase in IPC over 1st generation Zen.

I wonder if AMD is holding back a 3950X (16C/32T) in case Intel hits back with a 16C/32T?

Edited by lynux3
3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I wonder if Threadripper really is dead or they're going to reintroduce it later? Also, 32% increase in IPC over 1st generation Zen.

I wonder if AMD is holding back a 3950X (16C/32T) in case Intel hits back with a 16C/32T?

There's no way Threadripper is dead, these CPU's don't hit that market regardless of how impressive they are. 

5 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I wonder if AMD is holding back a 3900X (16C/32T) in case Intel hits back with a 16C/32T?

^ I wonder that as well.  I would think so, but you never know.  Anyway, the 12core part will be the best for gaming due to clock speeds and 24 threads will be plenty for next gen games.  16 cores would only lower the clocks.

Or, maybe they WILL continue to have a Threadripper line and will cap the consumer parts at 12 core as to not interfere with them?

Anyway.. there's quite a bit of excitement.  Navi's looking pretty decent as well.  Nvidia has a keynote coming up in like 1-2 hours from now though.  They're gonna rape Navi :D 

I thought Strange Brigade was favored with AMD cards? I was looking at some benchmarks and the RTX 2070 seems to perform quite well in comparison to Vega 56/64. Not counting Radeon VII.

Just now, lynux3 said:

I thought Strange Brigade was favored with AMD cards? I was looking at some benchmarks and the RTX 2070 seems to perform quite well in comparison to Vega 56/64. Not counting Radeon VII.

It is.

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Oh yeah, and here's confirmation that AMD IPC > Intel IPC. :juggle: 

COMPUTEX_KEYNOTE_DRAFT_FOR_PREBRIEF.26.0

Yeah, I know it's from AMD, but they haven't lied about performance figures yet.

Exactly as I said... basically matched Intel in single thread...

Just now, Remij_ said:

Exactly as I said... basically matched Intel in single thread...

Fuck you for discounting that 1% and 3%. AMD IPC > Intel IPC. B) 

Just now, lynux3 said:

Fuck you for discounting that 1% and 3%. AMD IPC > Intel IPC. B) 

lolz

Anyway.. about Navi not being GCN... I'm fairly certain it's another derivative.  RDNA is apparently the "gaming" side of their architecture (Navi) and Vega will focus on the "compute" side.

I'm sure there's juuuust enough there for them to call it "new" but anyway.. it doesn't matter.  There's a pretty good uplift in performance... although performance per clock isn't a very good measurement of GPU performance.. let's be honest.

Just now, Remij_ said:

lolz

Anyway.. about Navi not being GCN... I'm fairly certain it's another derivative.  RDNA is apparently the "gaming" side of their architecture (Navi) and Vega will focus on the "compute" side.

I'm sure there's juuuust enough there for them to call it "new" but anyway.. it doesn't matter.  There's a pretty good uplift in performance... although performance per clock isn't a very good measurement of GPU performance.. let's be honest.

Possibly. I want to see a die shot.

I wonder if Navi will be in the next generation Xbox.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Possibly. I want to see a die shot.

I wonder if Navi will be in the next generation Xbox.

If not, the TF comparison between them will be pointless.  Sony could launch an ~11TF PS5, and it could be just as powerful if not more so than a ~14TF MS console...

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

If not, the TF comparison between them will be pointless.  Sony could launch an ~11TF PS5, and it could be just as powerful if not more so than a ~14TF MS console...

Agreed. Just two more weeks. :noah:

Interesting to note

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/05/27/1850097/0/en/AMD-Announces-Next-Generation-Leadership-Products-at-Computex-2019-Keynote.html

AMD High-Performance Gaming Updates

AMD unveiled RDNA, the next foundational gaming architecture that was designed to drive the future of PC gaming, console, and cloud for years to come. With a new compute unit10 design, RDNA is expected to deliver incredible performance, power and memory efficiency in a smaller package compared to the previous generation Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture. It is projected to provide up to 1.25X higher performance-per-clock11 and up to 1.5X higher performance-per-watt over GCN12, enabling better gaming performance at lower power and reduced latency.

RDNA will power the upcoming 7nm AMD Radeon RX 5700-series graphics cards which feature high-speed GDDR6 memory and support for the PCIe 4.0 interface.

During the keynote, Dr. Su showcased the power of RDNA and one of the new AMD Radeon RX 5700-series graphics cards in a head-to-head comparison with a RTX 2070 card running a Strange Brigade gameplay demo, beating the competition delivering incredible ~100 FPS gaming.13

AMD Radeon RX 5700-series graphics cards are expected to be available in July 2019. Learn more at the AMD E3 livestream event on June 10, 2019 at 3 pm PT.

10 AMD APUs and GPUs based on the Graphics Core Next and RDNA architectures contain GPU Cores comprised of compute units, which are defined as 64 shaders (or stream processors) working together. GD-142

11 Testing done by AMD performance labs 5/23/19, showing a geomean of 1.25x per/clock across 30 different games @ 4K Ultra, 4xAA settings. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RX-327