The Greatest Xbox Deals of the Year Drop on June 7, Including $100 off Xbox One X

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Get ready to get owned.

There's already been talk of a single Anaconda functioning as two servers within a single system, they don't have hardware ready yet for mass rollout and they're not talking about it yet so preliminary testing phases would obviously be the S. 

Retail rollout though? Doubtful, very doubtful. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's becoming a rolling platform like GPU releases, there will be a new platform obviously and eventually the latter will be phased out but it gives people a lot of options, time to upgrade and budget but still be involved in the next gen for a period of time. 

Well Sony and Nintendo have to sell their hardware ASAP, this is not a viable strategy for them. It's a matter of business strategy.

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

MS has the benefit or disadvantage on the hardware front, XCloud will be more in demand by the simple reason that more people are willing to invest into Sony hardware - Pay a premium. The majority of PSnow users will come from existing hardware users at least at the start,

By the time the next generation consoles come out Project xCloud is going to be dated just like PlayStation Now was a year and half later after PlayStation 4 launched. It wasn't until PlayStation 4 games released and Sony started offering to download their games. Eventually both services will be putting their next generation hardware into blades like Sony does now with PS3/PS4, but that won't be until Sony/Microsoft can satisfy the launch window consumer base or hardcore users first.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

There's already been talk of a single Anaconda functioning as two servers within a single system, they don't have hardware ready yet for mass rollout and they're not talking about it yet so preliminary testing phases would obviously be the S. 

Retail rollout though? Doubtful, very doubtful. 

The service will be launching as it is today, nothing more, nothing less. As I've already said in the other thread where we discussed this, Microsoft and Sony eventually putting their next generation hardware in the data center is a natural evolution of the service, so it will happen. It's just not going to happen the year it launches, guaranteed.

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

Well Sony and Nintendo have to sell their hardware ASAP, this is not a viable strategy for them. It's a matter of business strategy.

Of course it is, Sony is going full steam ahead with streaming and again software is where all the money is made. If they support both of their platforms out of the gate they will make more money. 

Hardware is a gateway to the money, and they already have 95 million pieces of hardware in circulation, you'd be delusional to think with the way things are these days that there's going to be a hardline. 

Just now, lynux3 said:

By the time the next generation consoles come out Project xCloud is going to be dated just like PlayStation Now was a year and half later after PlayStation 4 launched. It wasn't until PlayStation 4 games released and Sony started offering to download their games. Eventually both services will be putting their next generation hardware into blades like Sony does now with PS3/PS4, but that won't be until Sony/Microsoft can satisfy the launch window consumer base or hardcore users first.

We can't exclude that MS isn't just going to use virtualised hardware for their next-gen, that's multifunctional in the Cloud space.

Anyways Stadia launches this year, XCloud is going to be a year late it seems.

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

The service will be launching as it is today, nothing more, nothing less. As I've already said in the other thread where we discussed this, Microsoft and Sony eventually putting their next generation hardware in the data center is a natural evolution of the service, so it will happen. It's just not going to happen the year it launches, guaranteed.

I don't believe it will, the logistics on that and money wasted is pure retardation.

Edited by DynamiteCop!
5 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

We can't exclude that MS isn't just going to use virtualised hardware for their next-gen, that's multifunctional in the Cloud space.

Anyways Stadia launches this year, XCloud is going to be a year late it seems.

Project xCloud will have a beta later this year and launch early 2020 probably. That's "good enough" in my book. I don't think Stadia is going to be some super disruptive force.

As it is now Microsoft is basically running bare-metal with their current virtualization layer in place that is running on Xbox One now. Only difference is I/O (ala PS Now). Google looks pretty good with their approach, but then again, it's Google. After fucking around with Google Cloud since it's launch they still can't seem to get their shit together so I don't have much confidence in Stadia at the moment. I'm sure it'll work fine, though.

We'll see how well Stadia can leverage resources within their Stadia cloud infrastructure. Of course, we'll probably never know how efficient it really is.

11 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I don't believe it will, the logistics on that and money wasted is pure retardation.

Not at all. Refer to my previous post about it in the other thread.

There are 10 year old kids who watch gameplay videos of games on youtube all day long.

The video will pause, and an advertisement will say "Play this game, from this spot right now, sign up for Stadia"  and those kids will ask their parents to pay for it, or possibly just click the buy now button and it automatically charges their parents' CC.

Stadia integrating itself into youtube is so unbelievable superior in terms of marketing and visibility than anything Playstation has done with attempting to market PS Now, and anything Microsoft will be able to do with xCloud.

They are going to get Youtube gamers to play games through Stadia so that their save files and checkpoints can be played right then and there in the youtube page.

Sony and MS can't do that type of marketing.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

There are 10 year old kids who watch gameplay videos of games on youtube all day long.

The video will pause, and an advertisement will say "Play this game, from this spot right now, sign up for Stadia"  and those kids will ask their parents to pay for it, or possibly just click the buy now button and it automatically charges their parents' CC.

Stadia integrating itself into youtube is so unbelievable superior in terms of marketing and visibility than anything Playstation has done with attempting to market PS Now, and anything Microsoft will be able to do with xCloud.

They are going to get Youtube gamers to play games through Stadia so that their save files and checkpoints can be played right then and there in the youtube page.

Sony and MS can't do that type of marketing.

Especially when people are saying it's going to "grow" the market, I don't think people understand how niche Playstation is in the grand scheme o of things, and that the brand actually means nothing to these people on phones or youtube or twicht.

Edited by Team 2019