“Watch Dogs Legion is the most impressive E3 demo I’ve played in years.” - PC Gamer

I like it when a game tries something new, and of course technically this is NOT new for Ubisoft because they actually tried this with ZombiU

The hard part is how exactly they got to voice X amount of characters, and change the dialogue after all of them.

And not only that, alter the cutscenes and dialogue to account for the previous character that died or was apprehended.

My guess is, they have like 40 characters in the game, and they ran a whole bunch of voice-over for all of those characters.

Guess I overstated it by double.:

It's not magic, this NPC recruitment system, but it does offer a very detailed simulation, and it makes Watch Dogs Legion feel like it's genuinely innovating. I ask creative director Clint Hocking how many variations and voice actors there are. "That's a complicated question just by itself. We've recorded 20 different what we call 'narrative personas', and those narrative personas all have their own lines written, so it's not just different voices saying the same stuff. They all have different personalities, perspectives and viewpoints, and those are combined with all the other things, the physical animation archetypes and all of that stuff. But roughly, there's 20 major characterisations across the game." That means your recruits will react differently in cutscenes, and that it's much more than just an appearance swap. 

Edited by jehurey