World of Tanks adds Ray Traced shadows - Runs on all DX11 hardware (neat informative video inside)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^exactly   Devs will be smart about it.  It's not going to completely change the image at first... it's going to be the subtle things.  Shadows might look "similar" but what they will be is

Whatever. who could tell?  You posted a bunch of bullshit from 4 different setups...   Anyway... his hit from RT isn't as big as yours was.    You're ~35K RT off, and ~20K RT on.

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

ttttjk.png

ttt4.png

How are you getting the frame data?

Fraps, so at 1440p it seems like I gained on you a bit on the RT side but it's still basically 1/3, and the regular raster one is still around a little less than 1/2. 

So pretty much in this scenario your RT acceleration is helping you about 30%.

Edited by DynamiteCop!
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Fraps, so at 1440p it seems like I gained on you a bit on the RT side but it's still basically 1/3, and the regular raster one is still around 1/2. 

Yea.  Pretty consistent.

Still a very limited demo though.  It's neat... but nothing on the level that it could be with real GPU hardware acceleration.  They'll need DXR for that.

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Fuck it, test everything. 

lol no matter the resolution, or even RT on or off... his PC should do favorable compared to mine.. The game is designed to scale with cores... and because the bench uses the extra cores/threads for RT as well.  So not only will his GPU not be bottlenecked, he'll have cores to spare to throw at the RT.

He'll still be GPU limited though.

Edited by Remij_
1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

lol no matter the resolution, or even RT on or off... his PC should do favorable compared to mine.. The game is designed to scale with cores... and because the bench uses the extra cores/threads for RT as well.  So not only will his GPU not be bottlenecked, he'll have cores to spare to throw at the RT.

He'll still be GPU limited though.

Are you nervous lol? You kind of sound like it. 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Are you nervous lol? You kind of sound like it. 

:lul: no

Why would I be?  I'm just explaining that the benchmark is using extra CPU cores for RT... so he SHOULD perform well, given his hardware.

It's probably why I'm 3x faster than you with RT and only 2x without.  My CPU has more threads than yours.

Edited by Remij_
Just now, Remij_ said:

:lul: no

Why would I be?  I'm just explaining that the benchmark is using extra CPU cores for RT... so he SHOULD perform well, given his hardware.

It's probably why I'm 3x faster than you with RT and only 2x without.  My CPU has more threads than yours.

Oh you're on a 6 core?