Are there any vegans or vegetarians here?

Just now, PeterPopoff said:

Vegetarianism and even Veganism is the superior way.   Animals take a ton of resources to produce, far more than plants.   With 7 billion people, an entirely meat based diet is unsustainable. Outside of not having children (or committing acts of eco terrorism to remove the planet of consumption hog humans), there is no better way to help stop global warming than to go vegan.  Also, vegetarians and vegans live longer.   Animals are treated terribly, they are abused and killed in brutal ways.   It is all unneeded, because we as a species have the ability to survive without eating animals.

With all that said, I'm eating Chicken Alfredo while typing it.  So I'm a giant hypocrite who probably deserves to be brutally murdered.

we are all hypocrites. i love animals too and i eat them. cows are actually awesome....but taste so good. 

Edited by -GD-
5 minutes ago, PeterPopoff said:

Vegetarianism and even Veganism is the superior way.   Animals take a ton of resources to produce, far more than plants.   With 7 billion people, an entirely meat based diet is unsustainable. Outside of not having children (or committing acts of eco terrorism to remove the planet of consumption hog humans), there is no better way to help stop global warming than to go vegan.  Also, vegetarians and vegans live longer.   Animals are treated terribly, they are abused and killed in brutal ways.   It is all unneeded, because we as a species have the ability to survive without eating animals.

With all that said, I'm eating Chicken Alfredo while typing it.  So I'm a giant hypocrite who probably deserves to be brutally murdered.

Lab grown meat is the future.

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Lab grown meat is the future.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.  Right now its ridicuously expensive.  In the mean time while waiting for it, billions of humans are eating billions of animals, and the resources to do that is destroying the world.  Oh well, at least I will probably be dead before it gets too hot.

Edited by PeterPopoff