PS5 might be aiming for 400 from this interview

On 2019-11-09 at 4:56 PM, jehurey said:

Microsoft is as close to getting knocked out of the gaming space, and its timing itself perfect with the start of a new console gen.

I can definitely see Sony deciding to lose money so that they can go for the throat  and take out MS.

Think about it: If Sony has a system that's slightly more powerful than the upcoming Xbox, and they drop the price to $400, Phil Spencer has to tell the top Microsoft brass "we need to lose money on this next console to compete at launch"

If he gets the Xbox 2 marked down to $400, and it still doesn't beat PS5, MS top execs are almost certain to give up on Xbox hardware.

If Phil Spencer can't convince MS to take a loss on the next Xbox, they're already signaling that the XBox hardware is being phased out.

If I were Sony, I'd probably start advertising TLOU2 and Ghosts of Tsushima as cross-gen games. I bet you they have a Horizon Zero Dawn sequel getting ready for launch.

i honestly think MS has already given up. they aren't even trying to go head to head with the ps5, shit they probably already have games lined up for it.