IGN removing decimal point scale from their reviews

Just now, Twinblade said:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2020/01/02/announcement-igns-review-scale-just-got-simpler 

basically just changing to the exact same format as GS - whole number scores with no decimals.

i think we're at a point where people just don't care about reviews anymore, and will just watch/play whatever they like. 

30 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i think we're at a point where people just don't care about reviews anymore, and will just watch/play whatever they like. 

Yeah but its SW so they're still useful for settling arguments and being a metric for which platforms have the most & best quality games.

Just now, Twinblade said:

Yeah but its SW so they're still useful for settling arguments and being a metric for which platforms have the most & best quality games.

true, but that's the only reason. 

lol that's why I prefer opinions on this site because people say how it really is. gaming reviews from critics are air to me, just like movie etc. 

also the numbers dont mean anything to me: 10 or 8? like what  

Edited by kaz
Just now, Ike said:

I hate this. There's a pretty visible difference between a game scored 9.0 versus 9.7.

nah. 10, 9, 8, 7 is all the same 6, 5, 4, 3  then 2, 1, 0. its basically just three: Good, okay, shit. Any other scoring system can suck my shit.