Anyone else looking forward to today’s SpaceX and NASA launch today?

50 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Was so awesome to see them dock and then eventually open the hatch and be welcomed into the ISS. :glad: 

Bob even talked a little mess in the process. :D He said the SpaceX ride was quite a bit rougher than Space Shuttle missions he was on previously. Always interesting to hear about things like that seeing as I'll likely never get launched into low Earth orbit.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Bob even talked a little mess in the process. :D He said the SpaceX ride was quite a bit rougher than Space Shuttle missions he was on previously. Always interesting to hear about things like that seeing as I'll likely never get launched into low Earth orbit.

Really? I must have missed that.  I didn't watch the entire thing, but sections of it. That is interesting.  Surely the cockpit is more advanced technology wise, but that doesn't mean a smoother ride for sure though.

The main thing is that America is no longer reliant on Russia to get people to the ISS.  I wonder what Putin is thinking right now?

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Really? I must have missed that.  I didn't watch the entire thing, but sections of it. That is interesting.  Surely the cockpit is more advanced technology wise, but that doesn't mean a smoother ride for sure though.

The main thing is that America is no longer reliant on Russia to get people to the ISS.  I wonder what Putin is thinking right now?

Yeah, it was about 7-8 minutes into their interviews once they crawled through the hatch into the ISS. I'm sure Russia is a bit ticked about it. SpaceX provides much cheaper rides into space, and that's a lot of revenue down the drain for Roscosmos.

Probably not helping that Musk is already joking about it. :tom: 

https://www.wionews.com/world/trampoline-is-working-musk-taunts-russian-space-agency-chief-302172

In 2014, Russian space agency chief Dmitry Rogozin took a dig at NASA for the lack of US manned flight programme and said, they will "deliver its astronauts to the ISS by using a trampoline".

After six years, Elon Musk and NASA launched two Americans into orbit from Florida on Saturday in a landmark mission. To which Musk responded, "The trampoline is working." SpaceX CEO made this statement alongside NASA administrator Jim Bridenstine. Both men laughed after that. "It's an inside joke," Musk added.

9 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Yeah, it was about 7-8 minutes into their interviews once they crawled through the hatch into the ISS. I'm sure Russia is a bit ticked about it. SpaceX provides much cheaper rides into space, and that's a lot of revenue down the drain for Roscosmos.

Probably not helping that Musk is already joking about it. :tom: 

https://www.wionews.com/world/trampoline-is-working-musk-taunts-russian-space-agency-chief-302172

Haha that's awesome!  Russia will have to look for other countries to do business with.  I heard that it was something like 80-90million for US astronauts just to catch a ride, per person or something like that.  Don't quote me, but it was a lot of money.  And now that's money that will be used to grow the US's own dependence and space ambitions.

Good shit.  When watching feats like this, you kinda just forget about all the stupid shit we squabble about in the world.  It's amazing what humans can do.  Imagine if there were no limitations and we all worked together.  All the money used for fighting was instead used to solve humanitarian problems and explore outside our world.

I think we need a legit alien invasion or something to get that to actually happen lol.. man I'm going deep with this post :whew: