Genshin Impact

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

is it actually good? it being F2P was a big red flag for me.

My gf is playing it and people on discord have said it's pretty good. She said combat is like a slow version of FF12. I want to mostly try the co-op.

I've been playing this. It's surprisingly good for a free game. The instant character switching and elemental combos are really fun. I've been experimenting with different characters to set up my best team. The upgrade/leveling mechanics could feel overwhelming at first but you will eventually get the gist of it. I have no problem getting through the game without paying and you can play it like a normal single player game. If you like playing looters/open world games with friends, you will get hooked.

Do play on PC though, the performance on PC is much smoother than on PS4. This is one of those PS4 games I hoped would get an automatic upgrade on PS5.

10 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I played until you get to the city. It seems alright, but when you use a controller on PC it does the japanese thing where the A button is mapped to cancel/back while the B button is accept/confirm. Thats honestly driving me crazy :ben: 

FF7 was one of the first RPGs I played and since then it was always O for accept/action etc and X for cancel etc. :ben:  It's way better honestly unless you have a baby thumb.