Woke American ideas are a threat, French leaders say

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/09/world/europe/france-threat-american-universities.html

PARIS — The threat is said to be existential. It fuels secessionism. Gnaws at national unity. Abets Islamism. Attacks France’s intellectual and cultural heritage.

The threat? “Certain social science theories entirely imported from the United States,’’ said President Emmanuel Macron.

French politicians, high-profile intellectuals and journalists are warning that progressive American ideas — specifically on race, gender, post-colonialism — are undermining their society. “There’s a battle to wage against an intellectual matrix from American universities,’’ warned Mr. Macron’s education minister.

Emboldened by these comments, prominent intellectuals have banded together against what they regard as contamination by the out-of-control woke leftism of American campuses and its attendant cancel culture.

Edited by bhytre
On 2021-02-10 at 2:14 PM, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Fascism 

I'm not huge on fascism as an overarching constant, but sometimes it seems to be a necessity over a period of time to realign values and get a society back in check. 

The United States is crumbling because of this leftist shit, I actively debate leaving because it seems so far gone. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop said:

I'm not huge on fascism as an overarching constant, but sometimes it seems to be a necessity over a period of time to realign values and get a society back in check. 

The United States is crumbling because of this leftist shit, I actively debate leaving because it seems so far gone. 

I wasn't serious. You guys just need the queen.