Damn, I think I found my next laptop.

ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503 | ROG Zephyrus | Gaming Laptops|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG Canada (asus.com)

Ryzen 9 5900HS

RTX 3080

165HZ 1440p display with adaptive sync

16GB DDR4

1TB SSD

Asus laptops :bow: 

The only thing I don't like is the 15inches display, I regret not buying the version of my laptop that had the 17 inches screen and slightly better hardware. It's not much but bigger is better.

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

15 is kinda smallish yea

But that's a nice Laptop for sure... but $3500 :scared: 

I know. :D 

It will drop in price over time. 

What's the pricing of the 3080? $700+? Lmao. Ryzen 9 CPUs aren't cheap either.

3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I know. :D 

It will drop in price over time. 

What's the pricing of the 3080? $700+? Lmao. Ryzen 9 CPUs aren't cheap either.

Everything is buttfuck expensive atm..  Laptops are generally overpriced as it is.. so yea, it's going to be a lot of money either way.

But for some people the luxury of portability is worth it.

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

Everything is buttfuck expensive atm..  Laptops are generally overpriced as it is.. so yea, it's going to be a lot of money either way.

But for some people the luxury of portability is worth it.

That's exactly how I feel. I can setup my gaming just about anywhere, it's very practical.

I really love these Asus gaming laptop series, they're amazing and of very high quality. I never thought I could ever have a portable piece of hardware that is this powerful and wouldn't overheat. Laptops have come a long way. I can even tweak and overclock the bitch with the Asus program to get even more out of it.

I didn't even intend to buy a gaming laptop, I'm going to school soon and I needed one, at first I looked at the low and mid range with shit GPUs but I quickly realized I wouldn't be able to play anything other than indie games and older games. I said fuck it and paid the extra to get a good laptop that could play current games and had no regrets since, it was totally worth it (my 100+ games STEAM collection speaks for itself).

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Also if you're going to spend that much, then you might as well go the extra the mile and get a standalone monitor. You can use that at home for those extra benefits and then just switch to the regular laptop screen when out and about.

I do that with my TV when I want the big screen experience. 

But my TV is totally out date. Old ass 1080p 60hz. I need a better one.

I'm glad that you enjoy pc gaming and your laptops but I could never play on one. Idk I would still recommend a desktop, you can't tell me you travel so much that you need one for gaming. 

Just now, kaz said:

I'm glad that you enjoy pc gaming and your laptops but I could never play on one. Idk I would still recommend a desktop, you can't tell me you travel so much that you need one for gaming. 

If I was single I would have went with a desktop most likely. But I'm sharing my apartment with my GF and I love being able to just setup my gaming in another room without being bothered.

And like I said, I'm going to school so I needed one anyway. Could have bought a shitty notebook, I guess, but I'm going in video game design so having a laptop that can run graphics engines is going to be really useful for me.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

If I was single I would have went with a desktop most likely. But I'm sharing my apartment with my GF and I love being able to just setup my gaming in another room without being bothered.

And like I said, I'm going to school so I needed one anyway. Could have bought a shitty notebook, I guess, but I'm going in video game design so having a laptop that can run graphics engines is going to be really useful for me.

Nice. If you decide to learn UE4 at some point let me know, I can point you towards some good online courses/tutorials.

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Nice. If you decide to learn UE4 at some point let me know, I can point you towards some good online courses/tutorials.

Cool. I think I'll work mainly on Unity but I don't know for sure.

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

yo that's cool, man. I hope you succeed! 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Cool. I think I'll work mainly on Unity but I don't know for sure.

If you go with Unity you'll want to get a visual scripting plugin like playmaker, or else you'll have to code everything yourself. UE4 has their own blueprints system which is pretty intuitive for most simple game logic.

• Upvote 1