Switch is now at 92.87 Million, on pace to surpass 100 million by Dec 31st.

17 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

that would suck if true.

Still probably 2-3 more years.

And, chances are, this current semiconductor shortage just made their decision easier. Assuming they are still able to have Tegra X1 chips manufactured going forward.

We haven't gotten an actual Mario Kart DESIGNED for the Switch, yet.

There's always a second round of Pokemon games after the first pair of games come out, we still haven't gotten those yet.

And technically, we still haven't gotten 3D Metroid yet.

And even though it seems like Mario Maker 2 kinda came and went without much of a fuss, I have to assume that Nintendo is working on something based on the New Super Mario Bros. series. So, if NSMB2 came out on the 3DS, and NSMBU came out on Wii U, the equivalent of New Super Mario Bros. 4 is probably being made for the Switch right now. And that will sell huge numbers.

Plus BOTW2, Bayo 3, probably another Mario Odyssey type of sequel, and I wouldn't be surprise if Capcom tries to make another Monster Hunter on Switch within the next two years.

If they sell alot of games in 2022, I think they soft-launch a Switch 2.0 in early 2024.

If sales take a noticeable downturn in 2022, maybe they might rush a Switch 2.0 for Christmas 2023.

Just now, jehurey said:

Still probably 2-3 more years.

And, chances are, this current semiconductor shortage just made their decision easier. Assuming they are still able to have Tegra X1 chips manufactured going forward.

We haven't gotten an actual Mario Kart DESIGNED for the Switch, yet.

There's always a second round of Pokemon games after the first pair of games come out, we still haven't gotten those yet.

And technically, we still haven't gotten 3D Metroid yet.

And even though it seems like Mario Maker 2 kinda came and went without much of a fuss, I have to assume that Nintendo is working on something based on the New Super Mario Bros. series. So, if NSMB2 came out on the 3DS, and NSMBU came out on Wii U, the equivalent of New Super Mario Bros. 4 is probably being made for the Switch right now. And that will sell huge numbers.

Plus BOTW2, Bayo 3, probably another Mario Odyssey type of sequel, and I wouldn't be surprise if Capcom tries to make another Monster Hunter on Switch within the next two years.

If they sell alot of games in 2022, I think they soft-launch a Switch 2.0 in early 2024.

If sales take a noticeable downturn in 2022, maybe they might rush a Switch 2.0 for Christmas 2023.

no doubt this is a reason. plus, they have insane sales. nintendo has 0 competition. 

Just now, DynamiteCop said:

If you can't have some form of PS4 graphics on the go we have a product for you, it's called Valve Steamdeck.

don-mattrick.jpg.9049bd471a9174967375567db6f9c56d.jpg

ha! funny enough, i have one reserved! but it won't be available until next year. i waited too long :(

Just now, DynamiteCop said:

I get mine quarter one 2022, can you imagine playing games like Forza Horizon 5 on the go. This thing is going to be a game changer.

quarter two for me. but yeah, it's pretty amazing!