I tested positive for Covid 19.

I'm not vaccinated and so far I only had a mild fever and a loss of appetite. Hopefully it stays that way. The worst part is that I can't go to school for two weeks, to be honest.

Meanwhile, my GF who is fully vaccinated (two shots) has pretty much all the usual symptoms and lost her sense of smell and taste. She had it way rougher than me. It's also worth noting she's the one who got sick first and brought back the virus home.

Now, I'm not saying to not get vaccinated, that's your choice.

I always had strong antibodies. I rarely ever get sick and if I am it usually last less than a day. I have no health problems and don't take medications of any kind. Last time I went to a hospital it was around 2012.  It's not that surprising that I would outlive Covid more easily than most people.

But lol at this nurse who was trying to tell me I should still get vaccinated... I have a more efficient natural immunity now. Thanks but I'm good. It's kind of nuts when you think about it, ''oh, so you have no symptoms and your GF who was vaxxed is super sick, do you now consider taking the jabs?''. Lol, what the fuck. No vaccines is %100 efficient to prevent getting the virus and spreading it to other people.

I’m surprised you can go to school without needing to be fully vaccinated. I feel like given how left leaning Canada is that would have been a requirement at most institutions.

But covid definitely affects everyone differently. Almost everyone in my family is vaxxed right now but I think we have a natural resistance to COVID. My cousin got it, my uncle and his kids had it, and they all had mild symptoms (this was before the vaccines) We did get a bit worried because my unvaccinated aunt got it a few months ago and she’s on the older side at 56, but even worse than that she is considered obese. But even so she just had a stubborn fever and a few other of the typical symptoms, but not much else.

Just now, Twinblade said:

I’m surprised you can go to school without needing to be fully vaccinated. I feel like given how left leaning Canada is that would have been a requirement at most institutions.

But covid definitely affects everyone differently. Almost everyone in my family is vaxxed right now but I think we have a natural resistance to COVID. My cousin got it, my uncle and his kids had it, and they all had mild symptoms (this was before the vaccines) We did get a bit worried because my unvaccinated aunt got it a few months ago and she’s on the older side at 56, but even worse than that she is considered obese. But even so she just had a stubborn fever and a few other of the typical symptoms, but not much else.

It almost happened. Some universities went through in English provinces but not in Quebec, as far as I know, at least not for Cegeps. The current provincial Government we have is hardly left wing anyway but they do enforce strict health regulations. But then again, our public hospitals were already in a state of crisis before Covid so it was hardly surprising they tried to lessen the impact as much as possible. Our health system hasn't worked since 1980, crowded, understaffed and underpaid. You'd probably get better and faster treatment in a shit hole third world country in Africa than in most hospitals of Quebec. 

Yeah, it's weird how the symptoms can vary wildly from one case to another regardless of their vaccination status and general health. It's too inconsistent.

5 hours ago, Cooke said:

You'll be fine. I see Cornell university is completely shut down even with 99.9% fully vaxxed and with a Vax mandate. So fucking stupid 

Wow, way to ruin the future generation's education. I'm really pissed from missing 7 days of class, after the holiday we have a week of exams and I'm definitely not going to get great scores this time.

22 hours ago, Ramza said:

It almost happened. Some universities went through in English provinces but not in Quebec, as far as I know, at least not for Cegeps. The current provincial Government we have is hardly left wing anyway but they do enforce strict health regulations. But then again, our public hospitals were already in a state of crisis before Covid so it was hardly surprising they tried to lessen the impact as much as possible. Our health system hasn't worked since 1980, crowded, understaffed and underpaid. You'd probably get better and faster treatment in a shit hole third world country in Africa than in most hospitals of Quebec. 

Yeah, it's weird how the symptoms can vary wildly from one case to another regardless of their vaccination status and general health. It's too inconsistent.

Damn that sucks :D can't be worse than the U.S. though. You want a quality treatment you'll have to pay an arm and a leg without health insurance, but even the insurance companies are starting to screw people over with the constant changes to their plans and fees/copays. Its a mess.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Damn that sucks :D can't be worse than the U.S. though. You want a quality treatment you'll have to pay an arm and a leg without health insurance, but even the insurance companies are starting to screw people over with the constant changes to their plans and fees/copays. Its a mess.

Oh and don't be so quick to judge that our system is perfect. First off, every worker here pays health insurance tax, it's only free for people on welfare, kids and retired people.

The basic health insurance also doesn't cover the cost of everything, sure the super expensive surgery will be free but not the medications, you'll still have to pay for a portion of it. I mean, most companies do offer health insurance for their workers, if our global health insurance covered everything they would be no use for it, right?

So at the end of the day, for someone like me who has paid the RAMQ taxes since I started working 22 years ago and never needed any expensive treatment of any kind in a hospital, it's a lose situation. It's free because people like me are paying for your treatment. I'll benefit from it when I'm old and decrepit, I guess.

Then there's the issue that most public hospitals are worthless, more chances that you almost die waiting for your operation or in the emergency room than anything. Which is why most people actually prefer to pay and go to a private clinic for faster and better treatment.

Still superior than the US system but it's not all sunshine and rainbows.

23 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Nigga, you barely understand your own government, stop making a fool of yourself. 

16 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Nigga, you barely understand your own government, stop making a fool of yourself. 

Are you saying he's wrong for calling Canada a left leaning country? 

6 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I'm saying outside of battlefield, he doesn't know what he is talking about. 

Could have quoted him when he was actually wrong on something though. 

I lost my sense of taste and smell. :| Like %98 less than usual. You could fart in my face and I wouldn't even know.

Day 3-4 was fever, day 5 just a little tired (I thought it was over), day 6-7 feeling of burn inside my nostrils and can't taste nor smell anything.

12 hours ago, Ramza said:

I lost my sense of taste and smell. :| Like %98 less than usual. You could fart in my face and I wouldn't even know.

Day 3-4 was fever, day 5 just a little tired (I thought it was over), day 6-7 feeling of burn inside my nostrils and can't taste nor smell anything.

On 2021-12-16 at 12:11 PM, Cooke said:

You'll be fine. 

Dr Cooke has spoken. 

Seriously though, hopefully you fully recover and don't suffer long term side-effects from COVID. 

• Upvote 1