My unpopular but very real opinion, Playstation VR was a fucking failure.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Alot of people on the Oculus subreddit are asking to see if they will ever see ports of games like Blood & Truth or Iron Man VR.

And, quite frankly, they're not going to get them because those are PSVR exclusives, Sony helped with getting those games made.

And Quest owners are clearly aware that alot of their games to not have that console-quality "polish"  with the production values, and the voice over, and the cinematics, and the brand licensing, and the graphical effects.

This was pretty much their last game that they advertised to PSVR owners, and that was July 2020.

Nah, Hitman 3 (exclusive VR on PSVR) and Dreams are their last advertised games to PSVR owners.

I mean, I think we can all agree that PSVR has run it's course and that's fine. It was a success and that's why Sony is going all in on PSVR2. 

PCVR gamers have been begging for PSVR games since day one. The opposite is also true though. Difference is PSVR owners got tons of PCVR games, PCVR gamers didn't get jack shit. haha

Sony is probably looking to port a few pf their VR games unto PC though. I mean, they're doing it with their flatscreen games so what's stopping them at this point?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was the highest selling headset at some point and have some of the best exclusive VR games like Astro Bot and Wipeout.    Not like you even know what the fuck you are talking about since

@MalaXmaS OP was proven true by Jerry

17 minutes ago, Ramza said:

No they're not anymore gimmicky than what you found on PC.

PS4 hardware couldn't handle some of the most demanding games, that's true but it wasn't because the PSVR was a gimmick and couldn't do real VR. Look at Dirt Rally on PSVR, the game was perfectly fine.

And shit, I still have yet to play a better racing game than Wipeout OC. 

I am sorry but to me racing games must involve a steering wheel.

The Wipeout franchise is fucking cool I admit, but calling it racing it, I don't know.

It would be good on VR though, on PC.

18 minutes ago, jehurey said:

If you said PURCHASE...............you were talking about sales.

What are you gonna say.............pretend you DIDN'T TYPE THE WORDS you typed?

I am not pretending anything.

You are pretending that I typed something when in fact I never did.

9 minutes ago, ghostz said:

4% of people on PS bought it. 

:D 

flllllloooooopppppp!!!!

The current second highest selling VR headset who was no. 1 for most of it's life is a flop. :tard: 

Lol at people expecting these new and pricey technology to sell as much as a console. 

2 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

I am not pretending anything.

You are pretending that I typed something when in fact I never did.

20 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

Since it's inception we have never seen a killer app or something that would guarantee its purchase, just a few gimmicky gameplay options that are really minuscule compared to the real thing.

:cat:

1 minute ago, MalaXmaS said:

I am sorry but to me racing games must involve a steering wheel.

The Wipeout franchise is fucking cool I admit, but calling it racing it, I don't know.

It would be good on VR though, on PC.

I know you're sim nut but I prefer arcade racers myself.

It doesn't need to be on PC. I mean sure, a higher resolution would be nice but it'd the same game, dude.

Really hope GT7 gets a VR mode down the line. (it's a shame that GT Sport sucked dicks in VR) I'd buy a PS5/PSVR just for that. Racing games are incredible in VR and just so much easier to play. When you see how huge the road actually is with the real life scale it's a game changer. Looking up the mirror or looking behind you to see the other cars feels incredibly good and natural.

54 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Except that didn't come with all the hardware.

The full hardware box, including the controllers, cost $400, and was maybe discounted to $300-$350 during black friday sales.

On 2018-04-23 at 1:27 PM, jehurey said:

Because, if you remember, Sony dropped the price of all of their PSVR systems $100 back in the first week of December 2017.

And the cheapest PSVR bundle is the $299 Gran Turismo Sport bundle  dropped down to $199.

And then on top of that, some stores were giving out store credit for buying it..........and I worked that into getting an additional $15 off the PSVR bundle, and I bought it for $185.

The thing is.............you ALREADY KNOW this because this was explained to you back in December.

Other than the controller, what did you have to buy? :wonder: looks like you paid, at most, was 285. And this was 3 years ago :D 

47 minutes ago, Ramza said:

The current second highest selling VR headset who was no. 1 for most of it's life is a flop. :tard: 

Lol at people expecting these new and pricey technology to sell as much as a console. 

Yes, they’re all flops, outside of quest which still sucks. Quest in 12 months had sold 2x what PSVR sold. 

2 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Other than the controller, what did you have to buy? :wonder: looks like you paid, at most, was 285. And this was 3 years ago :D 

:drake:He's well lost the argument at this point.  And he's still trying.

You literally just linked to $100 controllers..........LOL you've debunked your own claim before you even typed it.

13 minutes ago, jehurey said:

:drake:He's well lost the argument at this point.  And he's still trying.

You literally just linked to $100 controllers..........LOL you've debunked your own claim before you even typed it.

So you paid $285… years ago. Yeah, I doubt most people spent $400. Maybe a few “die hards” early on, but yeah… only 4% of PS owners decided it was worth it, even with the discounts. Big yikes. 

Just now, ghostz said:

So you paid $285… years ago. Yeah, I doubt most people spent $400. Maybe a few “die hards” early on, but yeah… only 4% of PS owners decided it was worth it, even with the discounts. Big yikes. 

No.  Read the post again.

You even debunk your OWN POST by posting $100 controllers.

The $200 PSVR base bundle is a BLACK FRIDAY LOW.

Its NEVER GONE BELOW that price. Its actually $100 off the regular price.

https://9to5toys.com/2017/11/19/playstation-vr-black-friday-live/

We are already seeing some deep Black Friday gaming deals go live including the $199 PlayStation 4, $190 Xbox One S and big name titles, but now it’s time for VR. Sony announced some major price drops for its various PlayStation VR bundles this year, and they are now available just about everywhere.

All of the Black Friday 2017 PS VR bundle price drops are now live at all major retailers. While some listings, including Amazon, are listed as temporarily out of stock, you can still lock-in the holiday pricing!

You are completely wrong in everything you've typed:drake:

18 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No.  Read the post again.

You even debunk your OWN POST by posting $100 controllers.

The $200 PSVR base bundle is a BLACK FRIDAY LOW.

Its NEVER GONE BELOW that price. Its actually $100 off the regular price.

https://9to5toys.com/2017/11/19/playstation-vr-black-friday-live/

You are completely wrong in everything you've typed:drake:

except you said you got it for $185 :tom:

1 minute ago, ghostz said:

except you said you got it for $185 :tom:

Because I had Walmart credit.

Holy shit................you literally keep on losing.

And I had you digging through old threads like a pathetic little bitch.

What a clear sign that you are losing and you know it.

61qmnw.jpg

40 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Because I had Walmart credit.

Holy shit................you literally keep on losing.

And I had you digging through old threads like a pathetic little bitch.

What a clear sign that you are losing and you know it.

61qmnw.jpg

On 2017-12-10 at 7:13 AM, jehurey said:

Speaking of which, Sony's sale on the VR bundle begins today, and stores really seem to want to capitalize on it.

Kohls.com is selling it, and they are offering $30 in store credit to the $199.99 GT Sport VR bundle. Pretty sweet.

However since I don't really need pillows or other stuff from that store and don't like driving to a Kohls, I remembered that Walmart had a price matching policy, and so I entered their customer support to request to see if they'd match it in one way or another.

It put me into a live chat and within a few minutes they offered to meet me halfway and knocked off $15.

Just got me PSVR with the 2017's superior driving game, GT Sport, for $185.:blessed:

so you could have got it even CHEAPER. Kohls was selling it for essentially $170 with “the best racing game of the year”:vince:

you got a discount because Walmart wanted to give you something as you bought it from them, not kohls. I bet most PSVRs were sold at Kohls at this time, too. So basically, $270 in total… far from $400 and it came WITH A GAME. :tom:

and yet, only 4% of people decided it was worth it. 

FLLLLLOOOOOPPPPP

Edited by ghostz
1 minute ago, ghostz said:

so you could have got it even CHEAPER.

LOL he's even trying to dig for deals back in time.:lawl::lawl::lawl:

he's sooooooooooooooooooooooooo butthurt right now.

he's even talking about $30 in Kohls cash, what an absolute fucking loser

61qmnw.jpg

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

LOL he's even trying to dig for deals back in time.:lawl::lawl::lawl:

he's sooooooooooooooooooooooooo butthurt right now.

he's even talking about $30 in Kohls cash, what an absolute fucking loser

61qmnw.jpg

$170 for PSVR and “2017s best racing game”. 

I bet most don’t even have the controllers. 

4%

:kaz: