AI: The Somnium Files - NirvanA Initiative gameplay trailer released

I just had a pretty great idea. As good as this series is proving to be, I would like to see Spike Chunsoft eventually make a new Zero Escape game. Then I thought....what if they made some crazy crossover that had the concept and puzzle room gameplay of Zero Escape, but the characters were all from AI? How awesome would that be?

• Like 1
  • aitch 1
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Godly.     Can't wait for this!

Yeah, it’s up there for me too. Along with hotel dusk. Hell…I love all of these types of games. Danganronpa and 999/virtue series too 

Can’t fucking wait!! 

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I just had a pretty great idea. As good as this series is proving to be, I would like to see Spike Chunsoft eventually make a new Zero Escape game. Then I thought....what if they made some crazy crossover that had the concept and puzzle room gameplay of Zero Escape, but the characters were all from AI? How awesome would that be?

Broo…I thought of the same thing, especially since the somniums are more puzzle-oriented. That would be adventure game heaven! 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I had to take a screenshot of this dialogue when you repeatedly interact with the receptionist at Lemniscate. This game cracks me up sometimes :D 

AI.thumb.JPG.49244983e8ac281aa6d91edff8cdfe11.JPG

Seems like a homage to first game when there was the joke ending where Date left with her lol 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I had to take a screenshot of this dialogue when you repeatedly interact with the receptionist at Lemniscate. This game cracks me up sometimes :D 

AI.thumb.JPG.49244983e8ac281aa6d91edff8cdfe11.JPG

There’s a really funny one involving Date and the names that are used for him :D 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ike said:

Seems like a homage to first game when there was the joke ending where Date left with her lol 

Brooooo…the inside jokes are insane! Great callbacks and they doubled down on the perverted humor. None of that woke shit. 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I think im nearing the home stretch after 26 hours. The last few paths i've done have been a complete mindfuck :hest: I still have no idea where they're going with the story but im very intrigued.

Did you experience the “twist” yet? 

13 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Did you experience the “twist” yet? 

Spoiler

You must be referring to the real structure of the past/present timelines and Mizuki having a clone sister. That shit was all nuts and definitely cleared up a few things for me :D Uchikoshi is a genius. 

• aitch 1
4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Hide contents

You must be referring to the real structure of the past/present timelines and Mizuki having a clone sister. That shit was all nuts and definitely cleared up a few things for me :D Uchikoshi is a genius. 

Yasss!!! Such a brilliant part! I couldn’t agree more about Uchikoshi!

4 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Yasss!!! Such a brilliant part! I couldn’t agree more about Uchikoshi!

Now that this is out we should be seeing more on his studio's next game, which is another collab project with Spike Chunsoft. It almost looks like a Danganronpa successor in some ways

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Now that this is out we should be seeing more on his studio's next game, which is another collab project with Spike Chunsoft. It almost looks like a Danganronpa successor in some ways

Jesus….this guy is putting other adventure game devs to shame. 

• Like 1

Just finished it. Damn, what a simultaneously crazy and awesome experience that was. Still need to process everything that happened but

Spoiler

Im glad they ended it with another muscial, this one even managed to top the first game's :wow2:

• aitch 1
44 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Just finished it. Damn, what a simultaneously crazy and awesome experience that was. Still need to process everything that happened but

Hide contents

Im glad they ended it with another muscial, this one even managed to top the first game's :wow2:

I know man! This game delivered on all levels. A true labor of love. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I know man! This game delivered on all levels. A true labor of love. 

Yeah. The only thing I would consider to be a slight disappointment

Spoiler

Some of the returning characters didn't get as much screen time as I had hoped. Date being the epitome of that.

If there's a 3rd game I hope he has a bigger role in it.

Also one somnium that really stuck out to me

Spoiler

The one with the computers in the basement of the Horadori Institute, that transfer you to those different puzzle rooms. That was the most puzzle heavy part of the game and it actually reminded me a lot of Zero Escape.

5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah. The only thing I would consider to be a slight disappointment

Reveal hidden contents

Some of the returning characters didn't get as much screen time as I had hoped. Date being the epitome of that.

If there's a 3rd game I hope he has a bigger role in it.

Also one somnium that really stuck out to me

Reveal hidden contents

The one with the computers in the basement of the Horadori Institute, that transfer you to those different puzzle rooms. That was the most puzzle heavy part of the game and it actually reminded me a lot of Zero Escape.

Yeah, I really dug that somnium a lot!