PLATINUM GAMES hires Nintendo Exec as their new VP. Developer states "New era is coming to Platinum" as they aim to Expand.

Smells like monolith soft or a retro type situation between Platinum and Nintendo incoming :blessed:

PLATINUM has teased a new era for the company, as it appoints former licensing general manager and managing director of sales and planning at Nintendo, Takao Yamane, as its new vice president and CBO.

The appointment will be explained in full tomorrow in an interview with Famitsu. Current vice president Hideki Kamiya and current CEO Atsushi Inaba were also present during the interview.

Prior to joining Platinum, Yamane served for seven years as the general manager of Nintendo's licensing department.

Prior to this, he oversaw planning and strategy as part of Nintendo of Europe. Before moving to NOE, he first spent time at Nintendo as the Vice President of Nintendo France. 

Lol nah.. Its just a hire...

Edited by Goukosan

lol

I think Platinum has too many projects they're tied up in right now for it to be that.

But who knows.. they were begging MS to reconsider Scalebound again... so they're probably desperate as fuck?  But I think Nintendo is smart enough to just make deals with them when it suits them and not take them on entirely.

16 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Wipe your tears up butter cup. 

Tears of laughter. Astral Chains was the best thing Platinum made all gen and it's just some ugly ass B-rate action game. 

I forgot NieR Automata was a PG game. So actually, Astral Chains was not the best thing Platinum made all gen, it's just some ugly, forgettable b-rate action game. Sorry. :lul: 

Edited by Ramza
10 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Tears of laughter. Astral Chains was the best thing Platinum made all gen and it's just some ugly ass B-rate action game. 

I forgot NieR Automata was a PG game. So actually, Astral Chains was not the best thing Platinum made all gen, it's just some ugly, forgettable b-rate action game. Sorry. :lul: 

Astral Chain is a sublime action game and Bayonetta 3 will be perfection :blessed:

Take your tears somewhere else. 

Ehh, Platinum is a shell of its former self. A lot of the team went back to Capcom years ago. Kamiya should just swallow his pride and go back too. I would love to see the real version of DMC 2.