Uh oh - we got beef (Eminem v the game)

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

i feel like eminem is definitely the best rapper out there. hell, just dissect this track:

his clever wordplay and seamless transitions between styles/deliveries are unmatched. i do find he feels the need to prove himself, though (overall). it's something i notice with j cole too. it's kind of funny, since both are two of the best in the industry and have nothing to prove. then again, both are their own harshest critics.

He's a phenomenal lyricist.. no doubt.  But the problem is that most of the shit he says has no real meaning to it.  Ok, he said some crazy rhymes and did some crazy schemes... but he didn't say anything of substance that I actually care about..  Most of the time he doesn't say anything important.  He's got SOME tracks.. but.. most are trash.

For me personally, I'd rather listen to a rapper talk about real shit and rhyme and scheme in a much deeper connected way.  When Nas raps about the hood.. you're going on a fucking journey to the hood... when Big L dropped Ebonics you learned some real shit... shit like that.. ect ect.

Em definitely has his place in rap.. no doubt, but I just find it hard to care about half the shit he rhymes about anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

He's a phenomenal lyricist.. no doubt.  But the problem is that most of the shit he says has no real meaning to it.  Ok, he said some crazy rhymes and did some crazy schemes... but he didn't say anything of substance that I actually care about..  Most of the time he doesn't say anything important.  He's got SOME tracks.. but.. most are trash.

For me personally, I'd rather listen to a rapper talk about real shit and rhyme and scheme in a much deeper connected way.  When Nas raps about the hood.. you're going on a fucking journey to the hood... when Big L dropped Ebonics you learned some real shit... shit like that.. ect ect.

Em definitely has his place in rap.. no doubt, but I just find it hard to care about half the shit he rhymes about anymore. 

Em has more substance raps than big l, if only for him being around longer. Depending on if you care/cared about whay he was saying that’s a whole other thing. He just came out with this a 2 years ago 

big l is dope tho for sure. But yeah em is mainly just lyrical acrobats at this point. But where would big l be now? Either retired or likely doing the same 

Edited by ghostz