I hate Hurricane season.

I lived in Tampa Bay for 5 years when I was younger (Father was in the military and he got stationed to MacDill). Been to Orlando, Miami, Tallahassee, Jacksonville and Panama City when we'd go on trips/vacations. Florida is alright because there's a lot of shit to do so you can't really get bored. I don't know if I could live there long term though.

1 hour ago, Sabo said:

I lived in Tampa Bay for 5 years when I was younger (Father was in the military and he got stationed to MacDill). Been to Orlando, Miami, Tallahassee, Jacksonville and Panama City when we'd go on trips/vacations. Florida is alright because there's a lot of shit to do so you can't really get bored. I don't know if I could live there long term though.

I’ve been here my whole life. Eventually, I want to move to a northern state. I hate not having real seasons. Also, the traffic is terrible in the big cities (I’m looking at you, Miami!) but yeah, there is a lot to do and the characters here are diverse af, for better/worse. 

35 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I’ve been here my whole life. Eventually, I want to move to a northern state. I hate not having real seasons. Also, the traffic is terrible in the big cities (I’m looking at you, Miami!) but yeah, there is a lot to do and the characters here are diverse af, for better/worse. 

It always looks like fun to me for some reason.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Saucer said:

It always looks like fun to me for some reason.

Well, you got wild Miami/Ft.Lauderdale parties, amazing beaches, awesome boating communities, top tier restaurants, gators, iguanas, seeing “florida man” in action, diverse culture, crazy rednecks (some are “florida man”), big pickup trucks everywhere (except for South Florida), gangs (northwest Miami-Dade is no joke!), theme parks, crazy religious communities, rich suburban swingers, fetish parties….a lot!  

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Hot Sauce said:

I don't understand people who go to retire in Arizona over Florida. Florida summers suck ass, but I'd still take that over living in boring ass Arizona.

I guess they don’t want the weather drama. 

On 2022-09-30 at 10:12 PM, -GD-X said:

the trick is to be smart about where you choose to live. i stay far enough west to avoid potential storm surges from the east. i also don't live in a low lying area (you are basically asking for a flood). there are no safety guarantees, unfortunately, especially if a cat 3 or higher directly hits you. however, you can greatly minimize your chances of your home being inhabitable.

Are the houses insured for hurricane damage or are most people fucked when it gets damaged beyond repair?

21 hours ago, bhytre said:

Are the houses insured for hurricane damage or are most people fucked when it gets damaged beyond repair?

If you have a mortgage, yes. If not, you don’t need insurance (unless HOA bylaws require it), but you are an idiot if you don’t have insurance. 

• Upvote 1