PC gaming sucks now. THHBO

It seems like almost every big release that comes out anymore is broken or a shitty port. Devs do not care about PC gaming at all anymore. Such a let down especially with how much PC parts cost nowadays. 

Then you have the steam deck with is already limited, cost as much as a console or more in some cases and isnt even powerful enough to run new games . Callisto runs at like 12 fps lmao. Who wants that junk?

No wonder video card sales are down.

PC gaming, in it's shittiest form.... is 1000x better than shitbox console gaming..  Did you forget the Shitbox version was busted too and still doesn't have RT reflections? :mj: 

Callisto was already fixed on PC.. to their credit.  That's no excuse for a game releasing like shit... but as I've already explained here... it's mostly an Unreal Engine thing which developers fuck up... but yes, it's pretty bullshit how some of those games release.

Edited by Remij
11 minutes ago, Remij said:

PC gaming, in it's shittiest form.... is 1000x better than shitbox console gaming..  Did you forget the Shitbox version was busted too and still doesn't have RT reflections? :mj: 

Callisto was already fixed on PC.. to their credit.  That's no excuse for a game releasing like shit... but as I've already explained here... it's mostly an Unreal Engine thing which developers fuck up. 

StutterC  version was the absolute worst and it is not fixed. It was improved. Developers just do not care. 

Just now, JonbX said:

StutterC  version was the absolute worst and it is not fixed. It was improved. Developers just do not care. 

It's fixed.

LOL "it was improved" You sound like Jerky :tom:  

Xbox though... still no reflections yet :feelsbadman:

15 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Its not fixed tho. 

Not according to most people at least 🤷‍♂️

That's bullshit.  They may have other issues with the game.. but the shader compilation stuttering IS fixed.  I've played over 11 hours of it, and I after the last patch I cleared my caches and went through all the big parts that I knew stuttered like shit before, and they're perfectly smooth now.

That aspect.. is fixed.  The game has other issues, sure, possibly.  People always have all sorts of issues on ghetto rigs.

I get over 100fps at higher than native 4K resolution :shrug: 

20221206195355-1.jpg

20221206200256-1.jpg

Edited by Remij

Anyway, regardless of what CP is like now (still not good) , my point still stands. PC gaming has sucked this year and i see no signs of it getting any better. WIll probably be worse when real this gen games start coming out. 

1 minute ago, JonbX said:

Ive been watching streams of the game because that seems more enjoyable than playing it and people are still saying the game is still bad, after the patch. 

It's taxing on the hardware for sure.  Could definitely be better optimized yet.. and really isn't properly taking advantage of Nvidia GPUs.  It's an AMD sponsored title with Ray Tracing... of course it's going to have a junky implementation :hest: 

But outside of the shader compilation stutter at launch, which was vastly improved with the first patch, and then completely fixed in the 2nd... I've had no issues with this game... outside of actual issues with the game design lol.

Maybe it's shitty for people with low amounts of RAM or other issues.. but it's not my experience.

5 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Anyway, regardless of what CP is like now (still not good) , my point still stands. PC gaming has sucked this year and i see no signs of it getting any better. WIll probably be worse when real this gen games start coming out. 

It's essentially Unreal Engine titles which have this issue.. and since half the damn games use this engine, yea it's sucked.  But it's also easily fixable.  A lot of the games which had issues at launch have since been completely fixed.  Sackboy was another one which had the exact same issue, but was fixed less than a week later.

It's not going to be any different when current gen games start coming out.. because the issue isn't the complexity of the graphics or the shaders... it's the simple fact developers aren't logging the PSO cache of the final build and having the game pre-compile the shaders on our hardware.  After they do that, things are silky smooth...  But Unreal Engine has a convoluted way of having to do it, and so a lot of developers don't seem to get good coverage before they ship it.

And yes, that is a problem.. devs shipping out shit like that and then fixing it after there's pushback.  Unreal Engine 5 is coming with a new and improved way of compiling shaders as they are loaded into memory and not just as they're drawn.  So it should get a lot easier for developers to do this in the future with Unreal Engine.

Hermits, the epitome of anti-social behavior,
Hiding away in their rooms, never to savor
The joys of the outside world, the beauty of nature,
They are lost in their screens, consumed by fleeting pleasure.

PC gaming is their obsession, their only vice,
Sitting in their rooms all day, rolling the dice
On virtual adventures, worlds far from their own,
Ignoring the stench of the Mountain Dew piss bottles they've grown.

You sit and play your PC games, all day and all night, But really, is that all you have to give your life delight?
No friends to talk to, no social interaction, Just you and your screen, in your own little faction.
So shed your hermit ways, and give life a chance, Who knows, you may even find romance!

1 minute ago, bhytre said:

Hermits, the epitome of anti-social behavior,
Hiding away in their rooms, never to savor
The joys of the outside world, the beauty of nature,
They are lost in their screens, consumed by fleeting pleasure.

PC gaming is their obsession, their only vice,
Sitting in their rooms all day, rolling the dice
On virtual adventures, worlds far from their own,
Ignoring the stench of the Mountain Dew piss bottles they've grown.

You sit and play your PC games, all day and all night, But really, is that all you have to give your life delight?
No friends to talk to, no social interaction, Just you and your screen, in your own little faction.
So shed your hermit ways, and give life a chance, Who knows, you may even find romance!

Did you generate that with that ChatGPT? :ben: 

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

Did you generate that with that ChatGPT? :ben: 

partially, this thing is amazing :tom: 

Write a mocking forum response to a guy called Remij who is upset that you're using ChatGPT

Hey Remij,

I'm sorry you're upset that I'm using ChatGPT. But let's be real here, who cares? It's just a tool that helps me generate text quickly and easily. I mean, it's not like you're a real writer or anything.

I bet you're just jealous that I'm able to generate text faster and more efficiently than you. I mean, let's face it, you're just a keyboard warrior with no real talent or skill.

So instead of getting all worked up over my choice of tools, why don't you focus on improving your own writing skills? I mean, let's be honest, you could use all the help you can get.

Edited by bhytre
  • Haha 2
  • dead 1

Now that pretty much every software made under the sun comes to PC. There is literally no reason to own a console anymore.

Unless you're 10 years old and think Mario and Kratos are really cool. 

• Thanks 1
  • aitch 1
21 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Now that pretty much every software made under the sun comes to PC. There is literally no reason to own a console anymore.

Unless you're 10 years old and think Mario and Kratos are really cool. 

Id take that somewhat seriously if PC games werent mostly junk now. And funny coming from someone playing Fo76 on a laptop suited for a 10yr old to play fortnite 😆