Maybe Halo's decline isn't 343i's fault

The franchise has just ran it's course and should be shelved for a new shooter IP at this point. This isn't Zelda or Final Fantasy that you can keep running indefinitely.

Maybe there is no studio that can revive it. It's artificially being kept alive with massive budgets and MS's unwillingness to accept maybe they can't milk it forever. At this point Halo is around because of MS's IP factory not some IP potential or artistic vision.

It's surprising they got so much mileage out of it in the first place. Master Chief is an action figure. The magic of Halo has always been multiplayer. I never cared about the lore of the Halo universe, but coop campaigns are always fun. Combat Evolved with LAN connectivity was huge on college campuses. 4-player split screen made Halo the natural successor to Goldeneye 64.  343 never understood or prioritized these elements.

Edited by sugarhigh
  • Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

It's surprising they got so much mileage out of it in the first place. Master Chief is an action figure. The magic of Halo has always been multiplayer. I never cared about the lore of the Halo universe, but coop campaigns are always fun. Combat Evolved with LAN connectivity was huge on college campuses. 4-player split screen made Halo the natural successor to Goldeneye 64.  343 never understood or prioritized these elements.

They want to make it an esport for some wierd reason

1 hour ago, sugarhigh said:

yeah, halo co-op was epic. i used to always drive, and my friends would do the shooting.