Cyberpunk 2077 Ray Tracing: Overdrive Technology Preview on RTX 4090

5 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

And after this people say a PS5 Pro isn't needed.

this is more like a ps6 game lol. if it brings a 4090 to 18 fps, i can't see a ps5 pro doing better lol.

Just now, Team 2019 said:

Possibly but it's clear performance aside there is way more visuals to push beyond what PS5 can do.

no doubt. i can't wait to see what naughty dog does. but it won't come close to that, even with a little extra power with a pro. the 4090 is like 10 times the power of the ps5.

:aitch: My RTX 4090 is ready. The latest DLSS3 patch makes the game run at over 100fps+ average with RT on Psycho settings now so it should run beautiful once the RT Overdrive patch drops. Only reason I’m not looking forward to the patch dropping day one is because CP2077 updates tend to break my mods lol.

26 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

"AMD promises up to 67% more performance in ray tracing scenarios. It showcased these in the RDNA 3 announcement and with it hope for the upcoming cards."

WWith RDNA4 we might finally see ray tracing in consoles not suck.

:mj:

With full  path tracing the new AMD cards will probably explode on CP2077. They are already having a hard time with Psycho RT Settings compared to the 40 Series cards.

15 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

:mj:

With full  path tracing the new AMD cards will probably explode on CP2077. They are already having a hard time with Psycho RT Settings compared to the 40 Series cards.

We're talking PS5 Pro. The RT will obviously be way more limited. You're talking about a card that costs over 1000 dollars for Christs sake.

32 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

We're talking PS5 Pro. The RT will obviously be way more limited. You're talking about a card that costs over 1000 dollars for Christs sake.

My bad, I didn't know you were talking about PS5 Pro. I was thinking you were talking about the 7900 XTX.

I'm definitely looking forward to the improvements the PS5 Pro will bring for sure. Not expecting RTX 4000 Series performance but whatever improvements we get will be welcome and good especially for the price.

Edited by FIREPOWER
22 hours ago, -GD-X said:

no doubt. i can't wait to see what naughty dog does. but it won't come close to that, even with a little extra power with a pro. the 4090 is like 10 times the power of the ps5.

Actually it's only 4 times more powerful, it's the DLSS and Nvidia tech that push it to the limits.

With RDNA4 PS5 should be able to close the RT gap to some extent and make it widespread in games probably at 30fps doubt 60fps will be on the table. Then again Spiderman has 60fps RT mode, so god knows,.

34 minutes ago, Playstation Tablet said:

Actually it's only 4 times more powerful, it's the DLSS and Nvidia tech that push it to the limits.

With RDNA4 PS5 should be able to close the RT gap to some extent and make it widespread in games probably at 30fps doubt 60fps will be on the table. Then again Spiderman has 60fps RT mode, so god knows,.

Nah, he's actually right, it's about 10 times more powerful.

4090 is about 100Tflops and the PS5 is 10.2 Tflops. Nvidia Tflops > AMD Tflops so the gap may even be bigger than 10 times in real world performance.

I have no doubt RDNA4 will close the gap though so hopefully Path Tracing at playable framerates on the PS5 Pro may be possible.

RNDA 3 is a total fail with Path Tracing right now though.

The 7900 XTX, the most powerful AMD RDNA3 card now is getting 9fps with the path tracing patch on Cyberpunk 2077 and that's with FSR2.0 ON with balanced settings...

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, FIREPOWER said:

Nah, he's actually right, it's about 10 times more powerful.

4090 is about 100Tflops and the PS5 is 10.2 Tflops. Nvidia Tflops > AMD Tflops so the gap may even be bigger than 10 times in real world performance.

I have no doubt RDNA4 will close the gap though so hopefully Path Tracing at playable framerates on the PS5 Pro may be possible.

RNDA 3 is a total with Path Tracing right now though.

The 7900 XTX, the most powerful AMD RDNA3 card now is getting 9fps with the path tracing patch on Cyberpunk 2077 and that's with FSR2.0 ON with balanced settings...

That's a pity, I hope ray tracing on consoles becomes more common with a Pro. But honestly given the choice between a 120fps mode, no matter how much prettier the RT mode is framerate always wins for me.

1 minute ago, Playstation Tablet said:

That's a pity, I hope ray tracing on consoles becomes more common with a Pro. But honestly given the choice between a 120fps mode, no matter how much prettier the RT mode is framerate always wins for me.

I agree, framerate is King. I like the fact I can run everything maxed out on the 4090 and still get 100+fps with RT in most games but given the option I will still pick higher framerates and ditch RT.

RT is a nice feature but it's a bit overrated IMO. I prefer high framerates and I'm happy with a PS5 Pro even if it means we only get better framerates in games.

9 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

I agree, framerate is King. I like the fact I can run everything maxed out on the 4090 and still get 100+fps with RT in most games but given the option I will still pick higher framerates and ditch RT.

RT is a nice feature but it's a bit overrated IMO. I prefer high framerates and I'm happy with a PS5 Pro even if it means we only get better framerates in games.

man, used to be all about fidelity mode. however, after playing 3 souls games at 60 fps, going to 30 fps with bloodborne was rough. i got dizzy a few times. i adjusted to it, but still felt the loss of 60 fps. i tried 120 and i do feel some diminishing returns there.

• Upvote 1

I haven't installed the RT Overdrive Patch yet on my PC. I run Cyberpunk 2077 with mods and the new RT Overdrive patch completely breaks my mods.

Waiting for mod authors to patch the mods in the next few days before I'll be able to install the new RT Overdrive patch :aitch:.