Famitsu: Jim Ryan reaffirms Spider-Man 2 launching this year on PS5 exclusively with "no compromises" also confirms may more PSVR2 games on the way in 2023

――PlayStation Studios plans to release Marvel's Spider-Man 2 in 2023. Please tell us your thoughts on this work.

Ryan : I'm sure Marvel's Spider-Man 2 will be a very exciting launch. Because " Marvel's Spider-Man " released on PS4 is the touchstone. The title was a huge success on PS4 and was enjoyed by millions of users.

The sequel, Marvel's Spider-Man 2, is being developed exclusively for PS5, so the developers have made no compromises. We ask them to focus on maximizing the functions of the PS5 and creating the best works. As a result, we've received feedback from game fans that it looks like they'll be able to enjoy really beautiful visuals and a wonderful experience.

--What do you think about the popularity of PS VR2 hardware?

Ryan PS VR2 has just been launched, so it may be a little early to judge its popularity, but we are happy to see many positive reactions from users and the media. I just listed some of the compatible titles, but more than 40 titles have been released around the launch of PS VR2. In addition, there are many titles ahead of us in 2023 and beyond. We will continue to push forward so that those who purchase PS VR2 can enjoy it for a long time and we can also secure profits.

https://www.famitsu.com/news/202305/19302804.html

I can't wait for Spiderman 2 and FF16, and the next wave of PSVR2 games coming. :aitch: Should be plenty of gaming to keep me entertained throughout the year