Did they say all three games were getting remade in this way?

I think the bigger question here is, what game engine are they using to rebuild and remake these games?

Because MGS1 can't use the original engine. They would have to rebuild the game using the MGS2 engine, and maybe Twin Snakes was built on that game engine.

MGS2 and MGS3 almost certainly used the same game engine.

This has the potential to be an absolutely messy port job.

"I've heard that Metal Gear Solid 4 won't be included in any prospective Classic Collection re-releases. I don't know the exact reason, but I presume this is at least in part due to the game's unique structure as a native PS3 game. The Classic Collection may also come in volumes, based on what I've heard, with Metal Gear Rising, PeaceWalker, and other spin-offs like Portable Ops hitting as part of a "Vol. 2" Classic Collection."

I can already tell, it's one of those faithful remakes with visual makeover and very little else. The bridge is exactly the same and when you reach the area for the first time there are two guards traversing it and there's a beehive above the tree at the end. 

I think MGS3 is a masterpiece but the little, small scale PS2 environment won't impress the new dumbfuck gamers that we have now. 

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

I can already tell, it's one of those faithful remakes with visual makeover and very little else. The bridge is exactly the same and when you reach the area for the first time there are two guards traversing it and there's a beehive above the tree at the end. 

I think MGS3 is a masterpiece but the little, small scale PS2 environment won't impress the new dumbfuck gamers that we have now. 

I'd rather they make it faithful and Fuck up the gameplay a bit than getting another Twin Snakes.

Just now, Playstation Tablet said:

I'd rather they make it faithful and Fuck up the gameplay a bit than getting another Twin Snakes.

I'd rather just play the PS3 version again if I ever get the urge and keep my money for something I haven't played like 8 times and bought like 4 times already. 

I mean it would be really cool if I played it like once or twice. That's the issue with me for these remakes, same thing with Demon's Souls on PS5. Although I did like SOTC on PS4 from Bluepoint, but I had only beaten SOTC twice before.

I understand perfectly what you mean but I disagree, I much prefer how Capcom are handling their remakes, reimagining but with a clear respect and love for the original. RE4 remake is not that far off from the original experience but a clear remake with new content or improved/changed certain areas.

20 minutes ago, Casual said:

looks great. i wouldn't trust them to do much but a straight remake without kojima. at least they're remaking the good MGS. wouldn't mind a MGS1 remake.

Oh, current day Konami doesn't have the talent to pull that off for sure. Just wanted to make that clear.

Does anyone work at Konami still? Probably a bunch of new guys, maybe some pachinko machines repairmen turned video games developers. 

They did some sort of proof of concept tech demo on the 3DS back when they announced that it was getting MGS3, and that looked like it had some significant upgrades to it.

But ultimately, the released version of the game was just a straight port that had a rough framerate.