why do so few PC gamers use ultra wide?

2560 x 1080 is definitely a weird resolution. It doesn't have the strengths of a typical 3440 x 1440 monitor and it also lacks the pixel density of 1440p. It doesn't really excel at anything in particular.

Im sure its ok for general use but I wouldn't want to use a monitor like that for gaming.

4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

2560 x 1080 is definitely a weird resolution. It doesn't have the strengths of a typical 3440 x 1440 monitor and it also lacks the pixel density of 1440p. It doesn't really excel at anything in particular.

Im sure its ok for general use but I wouldn't want to use a monitor like that for gaming.

That doesn't make any sense. It's a standard HD ultra wide. Also mine is 200hz. 

7 hours ago, Cooke said:

Why? It's hardly noticeable and the performance is worse. 

Instead of getting 1080p performance in games off your 3060, you're getting close to 1440p performance without the improved resolution, that's a negative. 

For me,  I have two rigs that are exclusively 1440p.  One has RX 6800 XT, it's performance is best at 1440p, at lower resolution it under performs.

8 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Instead of getting 1080p performance in games off your 3060, you're getting close to 1440p performance without the improved resolution, that's a negative. 

For me,  I have two rigs that are exclusively 1440p.  One has RX 6800 XT, it's performance is best at 1440p, at lower resolution it under performs.

No. I prefer the more cinematic appearance rather than a higher resolution that I'm not going to notice. Ultra wide is more noticeable and impactful. Also its still less demanding than 1440p 16:9