Today is Final Fantasy Tactics' 26th Anniversary

Happy birthday FFT! :love: 

Square was kicking so much ass at this point it was insane!  FFT is one of the best games of all time, was released on the best console of all time, and at one of the best and most cherished times in my life.

Nothing would be better than for SquareEnix to announce the Remaster tomorrow at the Nintendo Direct. :wow2: 

Edited by Remij
14 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I think the Ally might convince me to finally check out the Tactics Ogre remaster. It seems like it would be a good pick up and play game that you can just slowly chip away at over time.

Man, I tried playing that recently and I just couldn't get into it. Dunno if it's a good game to slowly chip away at though, the story seemed very involved from the little bit that I played so you might end up forgetting important details.

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Man, I tried playing that recently and I just couldn't get into it. Dunno if it's a good game to slowly chip away at though, the story seemed very involved from the little bit that I played so you might end up forgetting important details.

Thats unfortunate. The main issue i've read about recently is that there are some balance issues when it comes to the difficulty, like some bosses and enemies have an unreasonable amount of HP and deal a ton of damage to your characters.

11 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Thats unfortunate. The main issue i've read about recently is that there are some balance issues when it comes to the difficulty, like some bosses and enemies have an unreasonable amount of HP and deal a ton of damage to your characters.

That's because they suck. There's no balance issues in Tactics Ogre, it's just a hard game. Some missions are just hard in the way the battle is played out, it has nothing to do with unfair shit like enemies having too much HP.

Just know that the game is really tough early on until you have truly developed some killers in your party. Canopus, the angel guy or whatever he is called, is seriously OP, one off most enemies in late game.

Once you get a solid war party, it's smooth sailing from there but you'll probably suffer to get there. At least depending on your choices and the paths you take. 

• Upvote 1

Also they made some changes in this new version and I would honestly prefer to play it like it was on PSP. It's fine if you haven't played it on PSP before though. Still better than on PSone.