According to Jeff Grubb FFIX Remake scale will be closer to Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core and "will use the ATB turn-based system"

Gaming sucks so hard now. :D The original FFVII, RE2, 3, 4, FFIX and Persona 3 are still totally fine as they are.

Even worse, the originals tend to be much, much better than their remakes. (Re2, re3, FF7) Not even a contest. 

At least remake games that aged terribly or something. I had no issue when they remade RE1, because RE1 graphics and presentation were always fucking terrible and laughably bad since day one.

Meanwhile, these remake serves no other purpose than to release the same games, which are still really good today, to a new generation of retarded gamers. 

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Gaming sucks so hard now. :D The original FFVII, RE2, 3, 4, FFIX and Persona 3 are still totally fine as they are.

Even worse, the originals tend to be much, much better than their remakes. (Re2, re3, FF7) Not even a contest. 

At least remake games that aged terribly or something. I had no issue when they remade RE1, because RE1 graphics and presentation were always fucking terrible and laughably bad since day one.

Meanwhile, these remake serves no other purpose than to release the same games, which are still really good today, to a new generation of retarded gamers. 

Yeah, there's too many remakes. FF7 is at least different in a way thats interesting. But I think they're going to play it a lot more safe with FFIX since its not as popular or revered. They definitely won't stretch it past 1 game, thats for sure.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah, there's too many remakes. FF7 is at least different in a way thats interesting. But I think they're going to play it a lot more safe with FFIX since its not as popular or revered. They definitely won't stretch it past 1 game, thats for sure.

Agreed, it will be a lower budget and effort than FF7 Rebirth for sure. 

• Upvote 1

I'm probably alone on this but I much prefer practical ports and remasters of classics. They're cheap and won't mess up with the experience you have nostalgia for, it will simply improve the visuals quality and bring needed quality of life improvements, while releasing the games on more accessible modern day platforms. It's all I need. 

FF8 Remaster and Pixel Remaster 1-6 are perfect. Greatly improve the experience while still being the same games. 

I kinda like what Capcom did with RE4 though. I guess sometimes it does work out in the end to take some creative liberties. I still haven't played the game though. lol

• Like 1

This one is too expensive but still is pretty much what the same game but with a nice visual update to replace the old low resolution CG backgrounds. Orchestral OST most likely. Maybe some new content? 

And it's much better than FFIX. Haha. 

20 minutes ago, Ramza said:

This one is too expensive but still is pretty much what the same game but with a nice visual update to replace the old low resolution CG backgrounds. Orchestral OST most likely. Maybe some new content? 

And it's much better than FFIX. Haha. 

Perfect Ally game :smoke: 

• Upvote 1

Parasite Eve ports would be neat. 

I was just playing PS1 games on my PS3 and I must say they aged badly, the grainy graphics and long loading times are hard to ignore these days.

48 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Parasite Eve ports would be neat. 

I was just playing PS1 games on my PS3 and I must say they aged badly, the grainy graphics and long loading times are hard to ignore these days.

Parasite Eve is one game that deserves a full on remake :smoke: 

Just now, Twinblade said:

Parasite Eve is one game that deserves a full on remake :smoke: 

The last time Square made a PE game it was PE3 on PSP and it was fucking terrible. :D 

I doubt they are capable of making it justice. 

• Sad 1

I'd be fine with them reworking the backgrounds in the Remaster. The models were great but those backgrounds were rough. Oh, and update the Trophy list. Some of those trophies are bullshit (fuck that Jump Rope trophy).

• Haha 1