Star Wars Dark Forces Remastered from the remaster gods at Night Dive Studios.

4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

This Star Wars game isn't my cup of tea but apparently they're interested in remastering The Darkness. That was one of my fav games of the PS3/360 era so I would definitely be down for this

I played The Darkness on 360 recently. It's still a really cool game but the gunplay has aged horribly. 

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, Mr. House said:

I played The Darkness on 360 recently. It's still a really cool game but the gunplay has aged horribly. 

Yeah even for its time the gunplay received a lot of hate. But I still found it to be fun, especially the dual wielding when used in conjunction with your powrs.

The storytelling and acting were the highlights especially in the beginning. The game was ahead of the time in those aspects.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, jehurey said:

why not just remake the game in a modern engine?

And better yet, just go straight to Jedi outcast.

This actually is remastered in a modern engine.  The kex engine.  The best thing about these remasters is that they keep faithful to the originals while updating them in sensible ways to work on modern platforms.

And yes, the best thing about this announcement.. is that it could lead to Outcast and Academy :aitch: :blessed: 

Never played this, nor Jedi Outcast/Academy. I always wanted to but it always eluded me. 

Best thing about Night Dive Studios is that they don't mess up the original experience but still greatly improve the games all around with smart QoL improvements and modern development techniques. 

I don't care much for remasters anymore but these guys got the right idea. Still got to play Exhume, which seems like one of their best remaster seeing as they combined the best elements from the PS1, Sega Saturn and PC version all rolled up into one game. That's true dedication.