Metaphor ReFantazio releasing Oct 11 - New trailer + 25 minute showcase

• Twinblade★ changed the title to Metaphor ReFantazio releasing Oct 11 - New trailer + 25 minute showcase
2 minutes ago, David P said:

It's not turn based. Fuck.

It is turn based. You attack enemies on the field in real time to slightly weaken them and then you transition to the turn based battle when the 'squad' prompt comes up.

Just now, Twinblade said:

It is turn based. You attack enemies on the field in real time to slightly weaken them and then you transition to the turn based battle when the 'squad' prompt comes up.

Crisis adverted. 

2 hours ago, David P said:

Crisis adverted. 

Yeah.  Once you become strong enough that earlier enemies become very easy you can just kill them in real time on the field without forcing you to always go into turned based battle with them.

That's actually pretty cool IMO because it doesn't waste your time and signals to you when you're getting too powerful for an area.

6 hours ago, Remij said:

Yeah.  Once you become strong enough that earlier enemies become very easy you can just kill them in real time on the field without forcing you to always go into turned based battle with them.

That's actually pretty cool IMO because it doesn't waste your time and signals to you when you're getting too powerful for an area.

Pretty common feature these days. 

1 minute ago, David P said:

Star Ocean 2 remake did that. And a few other recent JRPGs I can't think recall right now. 

Ah right, SO2 does indeed do that.

I just couldn't think of many off the top of my head either.  But yea, it's helpful anyway.

Just now, Remij said:

Ah right, SO2 does indeed do that.

I just couldn't think of many off the top of my head either.  But yea, it's helpful anyway.

It's a rather modern new feature that I expect to see in most games. Like speeded up gameplay, which is pretty much a standard feature for remasters now.

JRPGs are getting smarter. 

• Like 1