Dragon Quest III HD2D is coming to Switch, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Steam and Windows Store

4 minutes ago, David P said:

:kaz: 

Shut up. This is far better.

Yea.  Give Dragon Quest some time to shine ffs.  They literally just put out the FF 1-6 Pixel Remaster.  It's Dragon Quest's turn :glad: 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Remij said:

Yea.  Give Dragon Quest some time to shine ffs.  They literally just put out the FF 1-6 Pixel Remaster.  It's Dragon Quest's turn :glad: 

Pixel remaster was trash. 6 needed proper treatment. Ever since Dragon Warrior changed to Dragon Quest and looked like Dragon Ball I couldn't give a shit about the series lol. They lost me. 4 was the last one I played. 

11 minutes ago, Cooke said:

Pixel remaster was trash. 6 needed proper treatment. Ever since Dragon Warrior changed to Dragon Quest and looked like Dragon Ball I couldn't give a shit about the series lol. They lost me. 4 was the last one I played. 

FF6 will get a special HD-2D release I'm almost certain of it... but like I said, right now is time for Final Fantasy to sit the fuck down for a minute and let Dragon Quest cook with some remakes/remasters.

53 minutes ago, Cooke said:

FF Pixel Remasters were excellent. :|

Dragon Quest was always called Dragon Quest in Japan. Toriyama, the Dragonball artist has ALWAYS been the main artist designer of the series. Most of the monster designs comes from the first four games and are typical Toriyama designs you find in Dragon Ball.

Dragon Quest is basically the longest running franchise that has barely ever changed it's formula. And for the better, because that's exactly the reason why it's better than Final Fantasy.

Also, you're an idiot. 

Posted (edited)

One of the leakers said we should see it at the Nintendo Direct coming up in June.  Someone asked them if they think it's just DQ3 or the entire trilogy.. and he said he thinks it's the entire trilogy.

Oh man.. if so I'll be so god damn happy.  I mean, obviously they're going to do the entire trilogy like this, but just having it confirmed, or even an actual trilogy release... would be incredible. :love: 

This is already a good sign that SquareEnix are learning.  They should absolutely be pushing on Switch/Switch 2 with Dragon Quest especially.  THAT is the platform to push in Japan.  Use Nintendo for marketing, but do full multiplatform releases.  Hit them with the Loto Trilogy on Switch, and then have DQ12 ready sometime within the first year of the Switch 2 launch..  Shit will be crazy in Japan!  

I think they have a good chance with these remakes to build up the franchise better in the West.  We need them all on modern platforms.

HD2D remakes of the original trilogy.

DS ports of 4-6

New ports of DQ7-9

And 10 needs to come west too with its offline mode.

Make it fucking happen. :smoke: 

Edited by Remij
59 minutes ago, Remij said:

One of the leakers said we should see it at the Nintendo Direct coming up in June.  Someone asked them if they think it's just DQ3 or the entire trilogy.. and he said he thinks it's the entire trilogy.

Oh man.. if so I'll be so god damn happy.  I mean, obviously they're going to do the entire trilogy like this, but just having it confirmed, or even an actual trilogy release... would be incredible. :love: 

This is already a good sign that SquareEnix are learning.  They should absolutely be pushing on Switch/Switch 2 with Dragon Quest especially.  THAT is the platform to push in Japan.  Use Nintendo for marketing, but do full multiplatform releases.  Hit them with the Loto Trilogy on Switch, and then have DQ12 ready sometime within the first year of the Switch 2 launch..  Shit will be crazy in Japan!  

I think they have a good chance with these remakes to build up the franchise better in the West.  We need them all on modern platforms.

HD2D remakes of the original trilogy.

DS ports of 4-6

New ports of DQ7-9

And 10 needs to come west too with its offline mode.

Make it fucking happen. :smoke: 

Square Enix giving the preferred treatment for a Nintendo system again after all this time would absolutely disgust me. 

5 minutes ago, David P said:

Square Enix giving the preferred treatment for a Nintendo system again after all this time would absolutely disgust me. 

Playstation ain't shit anymore in Japan if you really want to be real about it.  Nintendo is the only platform it makes sense for them to partner with for marketing.

The best years of Final Fantasy were on Playstation, but the best years of Dragon Quest were on Nintendo.  It just makes sense to me.  It's not really "preferred treatment" but just an honest read of their market in Japan.  There will be nothing wrong with Dragon Quest games tailored around the Switch 2 hardware.. cmon now.