Sony is raising the price of PS5 in Japan

Just now, Remij said:

Previous to this generation of consoles dummy.. :roll: 

You're literally just being thick for no reason other than to argue at this point.

Every point I mentioned is unique to this gen and specifically this time. I literally said the old world doesn't exist anymore, it was quite literally my point about how this gen is unique in that regard unfortunately , so obviously it didn't happen prior to this generation but it's not at all unique to this gen or to just Sony. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What?  

It's obvious Mad is NOT happy lol

I don’t think he meant free to play games.  Think he meant regular games that are free to the consumer that subscribe to PSN+ and or gamepass.    Sony and MS are paying the publishers to put

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

You're literally just being thick for no reason other than to argue at this point.

Every point I mentioned is unique to this gen and specifically this time. I literally said the old world doesn't exist anymore, it was quite literally my point about how this gen is unique in that regard unfortunately , so obviously it didn't happen prior to this generation but it's not at all unique to this gen or to just Sony. 

Previous gens dropped prices dude.... this gen prices haven't dropped.. and now they're going up.  Yes, that's unique to this generation... doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Previous gens dropped prices dude.... this gen prices haven't dropped.. and now they're going up.  Yes, that's unique to this generation... doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

Can keep thinking it's ridiculous as much as you want, look around you and you can call everything ridiculous atm if you want but it is what it is. You just sounded so stunned and confused and mind blown that this is happening when there is plenty of actual economic reasons for this decision to be made, whether you accept them or not is up to you. Sucks for the Japanese but there is a lot of serious ass issues with their economy atm.

Do what you want but continually going on about the past and expecting the same thing now in completely differing economic climates just makes you sound childish.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Can keep thinking it's ridiculous as much as you want, look around you and you can call everything ridiculous atm if you want but it is what it is. You just sounded so stunned and confused and mind blown that this is happening when there is plenty of actual economic reasons for this decision to be made, whether you accept them or not is up to you. Sucks for the Japanese but there is a lot of serious ass issues with their economy atm.

Do what you want but continually going on about the past and expecting the same thing now in completely differing economic climates just makes you sound childish.

I'm expressing the idea of such a thing happening as being ridiculous... not that I don't understand that there's potential reasons for it....

Like I said, economic reasons attributing to the inability to reduce the price over the years...ok sure, but raising prices $100 four years later... is still ridic.. that's all. :shrug: 

Edited by Remij
1 minute ago, JonDnD said:

Lmao siding with Sony on this. Cows are ridiculous 

His response is basically "well Sony doesn't want to lose money on a console sale anymore" and that "the world has changed" lmao.

Yea, annnnnnd... it doesn't make it any less ridiculous :D 

lol here comes the usual circle jerk :biggrin: Literally have to come pat each other on the back in every thread. But but he was saying this to me, you agree with me right? :mj:

Good to see things haven't changed.

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

His response is basically "well Sony doesn't want to lose money on a console sale anymore" and that "the world has changed" lmao.

Yeah that's my response mate, not inflation, falling value of Yen, economic climate, prices remaining the same = old school price drops, etc. Given you more logical reasons than you deserve tbh since I forgot you've become like dumbo and Dyno. 

But but its ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. I totally understand it though I swear, but it's ridiculous :awww:

Which is it? Do you understand it meaning you understand the reasoning (whether you agree or like it is irrelevant) or is it ridiculous? Because things that have a logical conclusion or decision behind them can't be 'ridiculous'.

Just now, JonDnD said:

It's not surprising to see Mad dick riding sonys anti consumer bs

I know that the concept of understanding something you don't like is extremely foreign to you.

But don't worry about me, you've got other dicks to ride here :hest:

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

He's not 100% wrong. In the past consoles got cheaper but were also getting royalties per game sold. We're at the point where Sony and MS are paying game makers royalties for their games instead. 

They have virtual networks to upkeep. Don't get me wrong, whenever Sony has a home run they immediately burn through any goodwill and capital they earned by being greedy. It's wild they are heading into a 3rd console version of the P5 and some how charging more. 

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I know that the concept of understanding something you don't like is extremely foreign to you.

But don't worry about me, you've got other dicks to ride here :hest:

You're defending a price increase for an aging product. Lmfao , you're a stupid fuck and Sony knows they have millions of stupid fucks just like you .

2 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

You're defending a price increase for an aging product. Lmfao , you're a stupid fuck and Sony knows they have millions of stupid fucks just like you .

The level of logic I'd expect from you so thanks for not surprising me.

And again, explaining or understanding something doesn't mean defending. Couldn't give a fuck tbh but the reasoning for the price increase is basic ass shit. Literally look at other companies and products in Japan, this is not at all unique or even close to it.

The thread asked a question so I answered. Forgot that's not really what this place is, so my bad. Carry on

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

lol here comes the usual circle jerk :biggrin: Literally have to come pat each other on the back in every thread. But but he was saying this to me, you agree with me right? :mj:

Good to see things haven't changed.

Yeah that's my response mate, not inflation, falling value of Yen, economic climate, prices remaining the same = old school price drops, etc. Given you more logical reasons than you deserve tbh since I forgot you've become like dumbo and Dyno. 

But but its ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. I totally understand it though I swear, but it's ridiculous :awww:

Which is it? Do you understand it meaning you understand the reasoning (whether you agree or like it is irrelevant) or is it ridiculous? Because things that have a logical conclusion or decision behind them can't be 'ridiculous'.

The idea that you're paying more for a console 4 years after it released on store shelves than it cost the day it launched IS ridiculous...  The idea that the world has changed so much and that statement is true is ridiculous.  Can you understand that?   It's like someone saying to someone else at the grocery store "Man, it's ridiculous how much food costs these days eh?" as a general remark, and then someone who works at the store says "Well achtually there's tons of economic reasons for it that you may have missed let me explain".... like dude... you having an explanation for it DOESN'T MAKE IT LESS RIDICULOUS :D 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

He's not 100% wrong. In the past consoles got cheaper but were also getting royalties per game sold. We're at the point where Sony and MS are paying game makers royalties for their games instead. 

They have virtual networks to upkeep. Don't get me wrong, whenever Sony has a home run they immediately burn through any goodwill and capital they earned by being greedy. It's wild they are heading into a 3rd console version of the P5 and some how charging more. 

What?  

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Remij said:

The idea that you're paying more for a console 4 years after it released on store shelves than it cost the day it launched IS ridiculous...  The idea that the world has changed so much and that statement is true is ridiculous.  Can you understand that?   It's like someone saying to someone else at the grocery store "Man, it's ridiculous how much food costs these days eh?" as a general remark, and then someone who works at the store says "Well achtually there's tons of economic reasons for it that you may have missed let me explain".... like dude... you having an explanation for it DOESN'T MAKE IT LESS RIDICULOUS :D 

LMAO, except you literally say in the OP 'or have I missed something' :grimaceleft:and not make a single mention of the Yen which is literally why this is only happening in Japan. This and many other products there. So I answered your question and you've been crying about the completely true reason for this post after post :biggrin: If you just wanted to cry about the cost of everything then go ahead, I agree, it sucks fucking balls.

But yeah when the yen drops 25% over the 4/5 year period you keep going on about, you crying about no price cut (when in real value they are literally eating a 25% price cut since launch in Japan) and being mindblown at this news makes you sound dumb :yeshrug: 

Just now, madmaltese said:

LMAO, except you literally say in the OP 'or have I missed something' :grimaceleft:and not make a single mention of the Yen which is literally why this is only happening in Japan. This and many other products there. So I answered your question and you've been crying about the completely true reason for this post after post :biggrin: If you just wanted to cry about the cost of everything then go ahead, I agree, it sucks fucking balls.

But yeah when the yen drops 25% over the 4/5 year period you keep going on about, you crying about no price cut (when in real value they are literally eating a 25% price cut since launch in Japan) and being mindblown at this news makes you sound dumb :yeshrug: 

Except I already addressed the yen issue twice in this thread before you stupidly came in here and asked if I had heard about the yen... :D 

Yea, I said it would explain prices remaining the same and not dropping... but not increasing $100 4 years later... because that's.............ridiculous. :reg: 

Just now, Remij said:

Except I already addressed the yen issue twice in this thread before you stupidly came in here and asked if I had heard about the yen... :D 

Yea, I said it would explain prices remaining the same and not dropping... but not increasing $100 4 years later... because that's.............ridiculous. :reg: 

Except your reason was stupid because it doesn't explain the prices remaining the same because the price has remained the same everywhere else (and in some places increased). Your logic would make sense if say the US got a price drop and the Japanese price stayed the same to counter the massively falling value of the Yen. However if the US price stays the same (due to inflation) the way to counter a 25 fucking percent drop in 4/5 years to the Yen is to increase the price of the Japanese model unfortunately. Basic ass maths may be difficult I know but feel free to keep thinking it's ridiculous, can't help stupid :yeshrug: 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Except your reason was stupid because it doesn't explain the prices remaining the same because the price has remained the same everywhere else (and in some places increased). Your logic would make sense if say the US got a price drop and the Japanese price stayed the same to counter the massively falling value of the Yen. However if the US price stays the same (due to inflation) the way to counter a 25 fucking percent drop in 4/5 years to the Yen is to increase the price of the Japanese model unfortunately. Basic ass maths may be difficult I know but feel free to keep thinking it's ridiculous, can't help stupid :yeshrug: 

Moron... like I said, having an explanation for it doesn't make it less ridiculous :lemming:  You're not teaching anyone anything here... Sony can afford to lose money on the consoles.. they have before..

And Sony's greed easily explains the reason why prices have remained the same or increased everywhere else.. lmfao.

Edited by Remij