Why do people consider DOA to be a shallow fighter?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You just said the counter system is too complex,  therefore the game is simple. You're a fucking retard,  unaware you're a fucking retard.  No doubt,  you fucking suck at this game,  AND YOU HAVEN'T E

LAWL, its a button masher. The gameplay is fast. Too fast for a fighter, anybody can just randomly press a button just mash it, and you'll win. And with the counter system made more difficult in DoA4,

Damn - this thread owned. TLHBFR.

Cows prefer sluggish, boring "touch sensetive" action over fast paced, fluid action with mid level depth.... Such horrible taste in games B):shakes:

Seems every section of the gaming media agrees too. Which is the reason why Tekken has ALWAYS outscored DOA. You guys act as if Tekken is some impossibly technical fighter. Tekken can be played by novices and it then has a learning curb and huge amount of depth to seperate the novice from the experienced. With DOA you have your novice player who can beat the experienced with a P, P, P, P, P combo and the more complex attacks show no difference. It is completely unbalanced in its depth and its attack pacing.

That's why Tekken > DOA.

If you think Tekken is a button masher, you're an idiot and you deserve to be hit by a baseball bat. :|

True

No you cant after the 3rd P you would for sure get countered. :|DOA covers up it's shit attack balance with a counter system. It works on some levels, but it's no good compared to a real fighter. Esspecially when it becomes a counter fest.

Nah, DOA 4's never really a counter fest. Its too hard to only counter since they balanced it more. It plays out like pretty much every fighter. Its all about predicting your opponent and hitting him with the right attacks at the right time. Usually 3 strike combos. Its much more about big, damaging hits.I'll see about DOA4 when they port it to PS3 B)

DOA2, 3 and U were a complete mess though

Word.

DOA 2 and U sucked and were too clunky (like tekken :|)

DOA 3 was a counter fest

DOA 4 is basically the best DOA game by far.

That was boring as hell.

Alright slappy, if you wan't to play the retarded fankid fine by me.

I'm serious. I like Tekken. I just happen to like the newer DOAs (DOAU, DOA4) more. But that was one of the most boring matches of Tekken I have ever seen. It was the same punch with a few rising kicks here and there.

I think you've answered your own question on why people think DOA is shallow. Right now the only thing you lemmings are mustering to compare DOA to a real fighter is that its animations are smoother Sounds pretty shallow to me :|

That was boring as hell.

Alright slappy, if you wan't to play the retarded fankid fine by me.

I'm serious. I like Tekken. I just happen to like the newer DOAs (DOAU, DOA4) more. But that was one of the most boring matches of Tekken I have ever seen. It was the same punch with a few rising kicks here and there.

lol I'm not asking you to critique the entertainment value of the fight, that's DOA's redeeming value the fights look cinematic.

Too bad they aren't nearly as cerebral as that video.

That was boring as hell.

Seriously. DOA fights look exactly like that but more fluidly and more fast.Too bad for you we play fighting games and don't watch them

You watch the game as you play the game... Oops I forgot Tekken jaggies cut your eyes and make you blind.

Owned. :|

I think you've answered your own question on why people think DOA is shallow. Right now the only thing you lemmings are mustering to compare DOA to a real fighter is that its animations are smoother

Sounds pretty shallow to me :|

Nah I said DOA 4 plays out like that tekken match but more faster and looks better.