NES games causing Ghosting on the Ditch Screen

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you translate the stuff on this forum into Mandarin, before translating it back into English before you read it?

This is what the sheep get. They deserve it. They'll defend too.

lol, lemmings are melting down.   i like how that screen burn in doesn't occur over the actual icons.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Jon2B said:

SO because its not technically burn in, its ok then ? Ditch is JUNK

Don't own one, don't rep their colours, so not sure why you're gettin' at me Jon - I just like to watch the fireworks. But I think I clearly stated it sucked, at least this issue in my first post.

5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

jonb and deeno seem so happy that I feel bad to rain on their little happy moment (they don't get many), but it's officially NOT burn in:

Switching to 4:3 or pixel perfect mode causes it to go away pretty much instantly. Seems like a strange bug with the filter. Still ridiculous it got through testing somehow and released this way but seems like an easy fix for those effect and a simple patch fix to permanently fix the problem

Yeah except it's causing it to happen on external panels and stays embedded on these panels even with sources that are not the Switch.

Slam dunk! Fucking not. :mj:

3 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Don't own one, don't rep their colours, so not sure why you're gettin' at me Jon - I just like to watch the fireworks. But I think I clearly stated it sucked, at least this issue in my first post.

Don't buy one, or youre dead

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Yeah except it's causing it to happen on external panels and stays embedded on these panels even with sources that are not the Switch.

It doesn't stay embedded, nearly all are reporting that it fades. It's an issue with the CRT filter on any source. Burn in doesn't fade like that (it also doesn't happen without the same image being on for ridiculous times on an LCD).

Still an extremely shitty issue. But not burn in. 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

It doesn't stay embedded, nearly all are reporting that it fades. It's an issue with the CRT filter on any source. Burn in doesn't fade like that (it also doesn't happen without the same image being on for ridiculous times on an LCD).

and here you are defending it LMFAO

1 minute ago, Jon2B said:

and here you are defending it LMFAO

JonB just because we aren't   :adhd:'ing  as hard as you, doesn't mean we're defending anything! :D

What, Madmaltese can't offer some clarification without you implying he's falling on the sword for Ninty?

10 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

No its not.

Because if it was, you could disconnect the Switch from that monitor and have it display something else, and the external monitor would still have that burnt-in image.

.........which it doesn't, because burn-in does occur immediately. LOL

I love how you genuinely don't know what you are talking about.

Just now, madmaltese said:

I never said it was burn in, I said it was image retention. It stays embedded after the host source has been changed, LCD's don't get retention like this especially not modern ones where some don't get it period. Whatever is happening is serious regardless of the cause given the display type, these aren't OLED's and plasmas. Given experience with displays I have no doubt this is some type of range issue that is pushing pixels out of their frequency range and causing them to get stuck which is cause for alarm and potential permanent display damage. It may fade with usage, it may not, repeated instances of this taking place could harm a display. 

This isn't something to fuck around and downplay, not when it's a $300 console and its screen is the system, not when people have TV's in the thousands of dollars.  

1 minute ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

JonB just because we aren't   :adhd:'ing  as hard as you, doesn't mean we're defending anything! :D

What, Madmaltese can't offer some clarification without you implying he's falling on the sword for Ninty?

No he cant, because I made this thread. 

DUNKED ON BIAATCHH

• Haha 1
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I never said it was burn in, I said it was image retention. It stays embedded after the host source has been changed, LCD's don't get retention like this especially not modern ones where some don't get it period. Whatever is happening is serious regardless of the cause given the display type, these aren't OLED's and plasmas. Given experience with displays I have no doubt this is some type of range issue that is pushing pixels out of their frequency range and causing them to get stuck which is cause for alarm and potential permanent display damage. It may fade with usage, it may not, repeated instances of this taking place could harm a display. 

This isn't something to fuck around and downplay, not when it's a $300 console and its screen is the system, not when people have TV's in the thousands of dollars.  

and all I said was that it wasn't burn in since jonb was reporting it as such (and it's the thread title), seems like an important thing to clear up, don't you think?

I've already said that its a really shitty thing and ridiculous that it got through testing. I can say that and say that it isn't burn in, why are you guys such extreme fanboys lol the statements aren't mutually exclusive. 

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

and all I said was that it wasn't burn in since jonb was reporting it as such (and it's the thread title), seems like an important thing to clear up, don't you think?

I've already said that its a really shitty thing and ridiculous that it got through testing. I can say that and say that it isn't burn in, why are you guys such extreme fanboys lol the statements aren't mutually exclusive. 

You're not the least bit alarmed that this is causing image retention on display technology where image retention is as likely as getting struck by lightning? 

You're not the least bit alarmed that this is causing image retention on display technology where image retention is as likely as getting struck by lightning? 

I am and I wouldn't be touching the thing until I'm 100% sure the issue is fixed. 

With that said, I wasn't going to be touching the thing anyway cause I'm not getting Nintendo online cause it's a shithouse service. 

Do you translate the stuff on this forum into Mandarin, before translating it back into English before you read it?

• Haha 2