Nvidia RTX Reviews

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAEYJ8091296&cm_re=xbox_one_x-_-68-105-245-_-Product $499, ready to play    Vs. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc

Fatality 

pweeze pay attenshun to me remipee   chrytre

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Another comparison... just a faint bit softer on the DLSS side imo.. but the performance jump speaks for itself.

DLSS will be a huge advantage in games that utilize it.

44062734334_7590775ffe_o.png

Here's the video:

It's definitely a more unstable image, go to the city scape at the end of the video and look at the buildings, a lot of flicker and fuzz.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's definitely a more unstable image, go to the city scape at the end of the video and look at the buildings, a lot of flicker and fuzz.

Yea I noticed that as well towards the end, also there's a scene in the middle where he's climbing up the latter which you can see shimmering on compared to the Native+TAA side.

I wouldn't say there's a lot though.. and I wouldn't call it fuzz.  I'd say there's some shimmering in highly contrasted elements.  Overall though.. quite impressive.  These are early implementations as well.  Nvidia did say that these neural networks could improve over time.

Overall though, quite impressive... and this is sitting right in front of the screen. 

29 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Looks like the general consensus here is that it's not worth it. Like I said previously, this is definitely a generation to skip.

Here?  lol.. this isn't exactly the place where I'd conduct a consensus of the worth of these cards.  Not to mention that... but it completely depends on who you're talking to and what their definition of "worth it" is... It's not just gamers who will use these cards...  and performance is strong all around.

These results also are on games which aren't exactly built to take advantage of these cards.  Some of the results are astounding really... even despite that... still  35-50% faster than the previous gen card... I mean.. what are people honestly expecting?

Give it some time.  There's a lot of new shit here not currently being exploited... and I'm not just talking about DLSS.

Made a new post below.

The Vulkan performance with these gpus is just insane.  Wolfenstein 2 at 1440p maxed out hits 270+ fps average with like 250fps being the lowest :D 

4K we're damn near 200fps and 150fps being the lowest. :wow: 

Interesting to note that Wolf 2 is a game that utilizes FP16.  Could be an indication of things to come with games that properly support what GPUs with double rate fp16 can do.  Also it's not clear... (unlikely) that Wolf 2 in this instance is utilizing the Variable Rate Shading yet.. which I imagine would require a patch.

44735350422_b73e2a788c_h.jpg

This bodes well for Doom Eternal :whew: 

Actually... considering everything.. I would agree with you Lynux.  If you have a 1080 or 1080ti class gpu.. there's not much sense in buying these cards.. at least not yet.  We'll have to see how they perform with newer games that are better designed to take advantage of the improvements to the architecture.. but as it stands.. yea, you can safely pass on this and wait for 7nm next year.

That said... the 2080ti is a fucking monster.  The 2080 is a pretty bad proposition atm, but the 2080ti coming off a 980ti or something is a fucking huge jump.

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

$1000 on two Xboxes that don't have any exclusives and where it's games are best played elsewhere :lawl: 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAEYJ8091296&cm_re=xbox_one_x-_-68-105-245-_-Product

Xbox One X 1TB Console â PLAYERUNKNOWNâS BATTLEGROUNDS Bundle

$499, ready to play :bate:

Vs.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137338&cm_re=rtx_2080_ti-_-14-137-338-_-Product

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA8N27855921&cm_re=xbox_one_controller_pc-_-74-103-656-_-Product

MSI GeForce RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO Video Card

Xbox Controller + Wireless Adapter for Windows 10

$1326 - Not ready to play just yet, long way to go :roff:

Eat shit :fatcruise: 

• Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Here?  lol.. this isn't exactly the place where I'd conduct a consensus of the worth of these cards.  Not to mention that... but it completely depends on who you're talking to and what their definition of "worth it" is... It's not just gamers who will use these cards...  and performance is strong all around.

These results also are on games which aren't exactly built to take advantage of these cards.  Some of the results are astounding really... even despite that... still  35-50% faster than the previous gen card... I mean.. what are people honestly expecting?

Give it some time.  There's a lot of new shit here not currently being exploited... and I'm not just talking about DLSS.

Made a new post below.

Well, I mean like most reviewers are saying that currently, but as you well know this is a pretty infant product. I'm not really considering shelling out $1000 for this thing in its current state. I'm really not that impressed with it even if it didn't have ray tracing. I'm going to wait and see, but it looks like a generation to skip. The 1080 Ti should be sufficient enough until PlayStation 5 and Xflop Two come out... at that point it might be worth moving on from the 1080 Ti.