DF Retro: Resident Evil 2 - Classic Survival Horror - Every Version Analysed

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Gamecube is better.  LMAO at the red tint.  Also, the PC version is far better :juggle: 

DF agrees Gamecube and PC are FAR better. :reg: 

No, tint can be adjusted on the TV so that's a non issue. Also again as I said before with the GameCube if you want digital out it's hundreds of dollars for the cables not to mention only launch systems have a digital out port. A VGA cable for DC is $15 plus it's higher resolution.

The PC version is fucked without external third party fixes.

25 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

No, tint can be adjusted on the TV so that's a non issue. Also again as I said before with the GameCube if you want digital out it's hundreds of dollars for the cables not to mention only launch systems have a digital out port. A VGA cable for DC is $15 plus it's higher resolution.

The PC version is fucked without external third party fixes.

lmao adjusting the tint on your TV :D 

Gamecube is better.  The only thing DC has over GC was the CG cutscenes... which, nobody cares about.  The DC has missing audio in places :D 

The PC version IS fucked without 3rd party fixes... but those fixes exist and is as simple as dropping a single file into the game folder.  It's the best version.  No TV tint adjusting required.. best CG cutscene quality, highest resolution.. no audio missing.

GC version and/or Classic Rebirth and/or GC version emulated on PC :juggle: 

20 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

lmao adjusting the tint on your TV :D 

Gamecube is better.  The only thing DC has over GC was the CG cutscenes... which, nobody cares about.  The DC has missing audio in places :D 

The PC version IS fucked without 3rd party fixes... but those fixes exist and is as simple as dropping a single file into the game folder.  It's the best version.  No TV tint adjusting required.. best CG cutscene quality, highest resolution.. no audio missing.

GC version and/or Classic Rebirth and/or GC version emulated on PC :juggle: 

3rd party fixes i.e. the game out of the box and as released is inferior. You can't mod a game and then call it the best version, that's retarded. 

The GC version is 480i and has lower resolution pre-rendered back drops ripped from the PS version, It's derived from the PS DualShock build.

As it sits the best version of the game objectively out of the box is the Dreamcast version. It's the PC build but it runs properly. It has the best performance and rendering resolution both internal and external for output out of the box, plus there's VMU support which shows ammo and health so there's no need to open the inventory constantly to check status..

That music missing is literally in that one spot outside the police station, that's it. It's a location you spend 30 seconds of the game in, the ambient audio is still in effect.

DC > all

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

3rd party fixes i.e. the game out of the box and as released is inferior. You can't mod a game and then call it the best version, that's retarded. 

Yes you can... wtf :hest: 

Missing audio, ugly red tint... having to use the god awful DC controller...  The PC version shits on that version graphically, shits on it CG cutscene-wise, shits on it control-wise, sound-wise.  Everything.  The GC version also shits on that version.

The gig is up Dynamite.. DC is 3rd place. :francis: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Yes you can... wtf :hest: 

Missing audio, ugly red tint... having to use the god awful DC controller...  The PC version shits on that version graphically, shits on it CG cutscene-wise, shits on it control-wise, sound-wise.  Everything.  The GC version also shits on that version.

The gig is up Dynamite.. DC is 3rd place. :francis: 

Facts don't lie and mods are not the official release build. The Dreamcast version is the best. Conversation over.

Best performance

Highest resolution with progressive scan

Highest quality pre-rendered environments

Status and ammo count on VMU with no need to open inventory

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Facts don't lie and mods are not the official release build. The Dreamcast version is the best. Conversation over.

Best performance

Highest resolution with progressive scan

Highest quality pre-rendered environments

Status and ammo count on VMU with no need to open inventory

Well, gamers don't care about what's official... they care about what is the best way to currently play a game.  And that is in fact the PC version with the mod.  Then after that, comes the Gamecube version. 

I mean, your boy at DF even says as much :sabu: 

You're DONE :reg: 

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Well, gamers don't care about what's official... they care about what is the best way to currently play a game.  And that is in fact the PC version with the mod.  Then after that, comes the Gamecube version. 

I mean, your boy at DF even says as much :sabu: 

You're DONE :reg: 

If you went out and bought all of these versions of the game the Dreamcast game is the best as released. You're altering the game on PC to make it acceptable, adding code so it's playable. It's not the best version of the game.

It can be made one of the best ways to play the game but it's not the best version. The GameCube loses by default because of its output resolution, PlayStation ripped pre-rendered environments and low bitrate CGI scenes.

Visual quality wise it's right behind the PS1.

9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

If you went out and bought all of these versions of the game the Dreamcast game is the best as released. You're altering the game on PC to make it acceptable, adding code so it's playable. It's not the best version of the game.

It can be made one of the best ways to play the game but it's not the best version. The GameCube loses by default because of its output resolution, PlayStation ripped pre-rendered environments and low bitrate CGI scenes.

Visual quality wise it's right behind the PS1.

If I did that, I'd buy the Gamecube version.  It's factually better than the DC version.

I don't care about that though.. I care about the best possible way to play the game as it stands today.

GC >>> DC , DF agrees man, sorry :francis:  

22 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

If I did that, I'd buy the Gamecube version.  It's factually better than the DC version.

I don't care about that though.. I care about the best possible way to play the game as it stands today.

GC >>> DC , DF agrees man, sorry :francis:  

Facts? You want to talk facts?

• 480i is not better than 480p, Fact

• Higher resolution environments are better, Fact

• Status updates on the VMU for health and ammo which subvert constant inventory checks is better, Fact

• Higher quality FMV is better, Fact

The only benefit of the GC version is the ability to skip dialog scenes. That's it, everything else is worse.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Facts? You want to talk facts?

• 480i is not better than 480p, Fact

• Higher resolution environments are better, Fact

• Status updates on the VMU for health and ammo which subvert constant inventory checks is better, Fact

• Higher quality FMV is better, Fact

The only benefit of the GC version is the ability to skip dialog scenes. That's it, everything else is worse.

No.

And shut up about the VMU ffs.. you sound dumb as fuck trying to tout that as a feature that means any god damn thing.

GC is better... doesn't have missing sounds.. has the proper color... and controls better.  Those are facts.  And DF agrees :juggle: