CES is this coming week. Nvidia giving their Keynote later tonight

Nvidia :glad:   They'll probably formally announce the RTX 2060 and announce more support for RTX in games.

Then next week, it's going to be hilarious watching AMD under-deliver again, like they always do. :juggle: 

Jensen Huang :bow: 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I Called it too          

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

If it's a rebranded Vega 64 and they have new stuff I don't see why not. 

People don't want any more rebranded garbage from AMD.  If AMD wants to make an actual fucking mark, they need to do what they say they are going to do... and that's release something actually new that's competitive with Nvidia at the prices they claim they want to sell at.

AMD has to do WAYYYYYY better... to even compete with Nvidia.  Nvidia are giving them every opportunity as well... but we all know AMD will fuck it up.  They always do.  Remember how they were hyping Vega??  ROFL...  remember the "poor Volta" marketing shit??  :hest:  

They're fucking ages behind :hehe: 

RTX 2060 announced

$349 and comes bundled with Anthem or Battlefield 5

Available next week

Anthem was announced to support DLSS.  BF5 was running on the 2060 with RTX and DLSS at 1440p 80fps

Nvidia are testing async (freesync) monitors to test them for gsync compatibility, so in a future driver update those monitors will be fully supported by gsync. :vince:

They're testing out all the async monitors released and are certifying the ones that pass their testing.  So far out of 400 monitors, they've certified 12 of them lol..  But in the future, more monitors should be supportable... which is good for people who own those freesync monitors and don't want to feel locked into a GPU vendor due to free/g-sync.

Screen%20Shot%202019-01-07%20at%2012.17.

20 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

RTX 2060 announced

$349 and comes bundled with Anthem or Battlefield 5

Available next week

Anthem was announced to support DLSS.  BF5 was running on the 2060 with RTX and DLSS at 1440p 80fps

I'm probably gonna buy one . Can you preorder ?

So Nvidia is releasing the RTX 2060, bringing Ray-tracing and DLSS to the wider consumer market for $350.. it performs at around or perhaps slightly better than the 1070Ti (and most certainly will in future games that take advantage of the Turing architecture) and releases on Jan 15th... a couple of weeks from now.

So is the idea that AMD is apparently going to beat that performance for $100 less?  Because it's looking like if they don't... and at the same time don't have RTX.... then it's going to be even more of a massive failure then even I foresaw.. :hest: 

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

Nvidia are testing async (freesync) monitors to test them for gsync compatibility, so in a future driver update those monitors will be fully supported by gsync. :vince:

They're testing out all the async monitors released and are certifying the ones that pass their testing.  So far out of 400 monitors, they've certified 12 of them lol..  But in the future, more monitors should be supportable... which is good for people who own those freesync monitors and don't want to feel locked into a GPU vendor due to free/g-sync.

Screen%20Shot%202019-01-07%20at%2012.17.

I have a BenQ XL2730Z, curious if the XL2740 function applies to mine.

Edited by DynamiteCop!