Apex Legends (BR in the Titanfall universe) announced. Out now.

Looks like this one has no solo ,on team of 3 so I'll probably never play it again .

Gameplay is fun and I think it's the best looking of the BR games .

BR games just aren't for me . I'd play this if it was solos 

1 hour ago, Jon2B said:

Looks like this one has no solo ,on team of 3 so I'll probably never play it again .

Gameplay is fun and I think it's the best looking of the BR games .

BR games just aren't for me . I'd play this if it was solos 

the fact that its more team based is a plus for me, but how many teams are there total during a single match?

2 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Not a big fan of being able to be resurrected, but it'll be interesting to see how that changes the BR formula.

The games I played nobody revived me anyway :mad:

15 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

Not a big fan of being able to be resurrected, but it'll be interesting to see how that changes the BR formula.

I actually like it a lot. 

There's a pretty limited time of it being available. I think it's like 60 seconds after dying someone can come grab your remains. Leads to some interesting situations/decisions of whether it's worth the risk. Also allows you to bait the other team out if you're able to pick off a straggler.

I played 6 or 7 games last night. It's solid for sure. I don't know how much time I'll invest in it since it's not the greatest solo experience and only a couple of my friends really mess with BRs (or games in general tbh lol), but if you had a 3 man team it seems like it'd be the BR to play. 

43 minutes ago, Casual said:

I actually like it a lot. 

There's a pretty limited time of it being available. I think it's like 60 seconds after dying someone can come grab your remains. Leads to some interesting situations/decisions of whether it's worth the risk. Also allows you to bait the other team out if you're able to pick off a straggler.

How often would you say it's successful, both ressing you/your teammates and from seeing opponents res their teammates? And how long is an average game?

5 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

How often would you say it's successful, both ressing you/your teammates and from seeing opponents res their teammates? And how long is an average game?

I only saw it happen once honestly so really hard to gauge. I'm sure if you're on a solid coordinated team you could pull it off more frequently. End of the day though, you have to earn it so I don't mind it. 

Average game is maybe 15-20 minutes. 

8 minutes ago, Casual said:

I only saw it happen once honestly so really hard to gauge. I'm sure if you're on a solid coordinated team you could pull it off more frequently. End of the day though, you have to earn it so I don't mind it. 

Average game is maybe 15-20 minutes. 

15-20 minutes is my preferred sweet spot for game lengths, so if it sticks in that range I guess I don't really mind it. As long as some meta doesn't establish where resses just end up extended the game a lot. It's an interesting wrench in the game plans for most battle royale matches and eliminates that asshole dude that just finishes off a downed guy instead of trying to survive because he's getting wrecked.

Just now, Hot Sauce said:

15-20 minutes is my preferred sweet spot for game lengths, so if it sticks in that range I guess I don't really mind it. As long as some meta doesn't establish where resses just end up extended the game a lot. It's an interesting wrench in the game plans for most battle royale matches and eliminates that asshole dude that just finishes off a downed guy instead of trying to survive because he's getting wrecked.

I think the point of the rezes is that the game really seems balanced around 3v3 fights. It's why that's the only mode available and you can only pick 1 of each class per team.

Another thing I'd say is, not allowing rezes can sometimes extend a game unneccessarily. For example, if 3 of your squad dies in Fortnite, you basically have no chance of winning the game normally. That can result in someone just hiding, extending the game for no good reason. 

21 minutes ago, Casual said:

I think the point of the rezes is that the game really seems balanced around 3v3 fights. It's why that's the only mode available and you can only pick 1 of each class per team.

I'm curious to see how that works out a couple months from now when people get really good at it. Competitive battle royale as is is a joke.

23 minutes ago, Casual said:

Another thing I'd say is, not allowing rezes can sometimes extend a game unneccessarily. For example, if 3 of your squad dies in Fortnite, you basically have no chance of winning the game normally. That can result in someone just hiding, extending the game for no good reason. 

Sure, but that still applies to Apex Legends, too.

I played a few matches, my squad actually won during my 2nd one. That was really intense and fun. I think the default key binding has some issues on pc, having to use the middle mouse button to ping might discourage people from using that mechanic, It would be more intuitive if it were Q like in BF.  But outside of that the game is a good distraction. I’m not sure how much long term appeal it will have for me though, I enjoyed PUBG and Fortnite for a few weeks but barely touched them afterwards.

Edited by Twinblade