Destination PlayStation, an event for retail and third party publishers, was held this week (GOT, Death Stranding, TLOU2 are 2019??)

Each one of those 4 games is bigger than everything MS has. 

The only functional game on the horizon for Xcock Done is GearsJW5 and you'd have to switch to a 100% soy diet to enjoy that game.

Take a good look at those 4 games, that's doomsday for the Xbox Brand. this is literally the deathblow coming in right before our eyes.

8 hours ago, Bodycount N said:

Each one of those 4 games is bigger than everything MS has. 

The only functional game on the horizon for Xcock Done is GearsJW5 and you'd have to switch to a 100% soy diet to enjoy that game.

Take a good look at those 4 games, that's doomsday for the Xbox Brand. this is literally the deathblow coming in right before our eyes.

Sony still needs games like Jak, Ratchet, Sly. Astrobot is that but its VR only.

2 minutes ago, Voidler said:

What’s awful about Dreams?

Whats good about it? Has Media Molecule ever made a good game?

They couldn't get a 2D Sandbox game to work, why would I think they can get a 3D one to work? Not to mention games that rely on use created content are almost always awful. 

1 minute ago, Casual said:

Whats good about it? Has Media Molecule ever made a good game?

They couldn't get a 2D Sandbox game to work, why would I think they can get a 3D one to work? Not to mention games that rely on use created content are almost always awful. 

It has a lot of potential. It's basically a game engine for consumers and even developers. Not even the same as LBP, which was AAA. I think we could see good shit from it. It's about as awful as Mario Maker which isn't awful at all. 

58 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Obviously you hate games, lmao. 

I love games but those are some scraping the bottom looking concepts. Nothing there looks like it's worth the time investment lol. 

Also looks like the engine keeps LBPs shitty physics and movement. 

Can you give me the timestamp of any game there you think actually looks good? Unless you play games like 40 hours a week every week I don't see how you would end up needing to resort to the stuff in that trailer. I already have a huge backlog of legitimate AAA experiences created by people who get paid to make games. 

Edited by Casual
17 minutes ago, Casual said:

I love games but those are some scraping the bottom looking concepts. Nothing there looks like it's worth the time investment lol. 

Can you give me the timestamp of any game there you think actually looks good? Unless you play games like 40 hours a week every week I don't see how you would end up needing to resort to the stuff in that trailer. I already have a huge backlog of legitimate AAA experiences created by people who get paid to make games. 

I think all of it is pretty inspiring, to be honest. It's not some full fledged out AAA game obviously, but it has a lot of potential. I look at it like another game engine for $30 or $60 where creators can go and create experiences. I think the whole concept of Dreams is great for the industry in general. It gives people a chance to create their vision or copy others in literally a game engine where real hardware or licensing is unobtainable. Depending on who does what can turn into something very interesting down the road, maybe leading into a full fledged AAA game. This is Sony's early access without all of the bullshit. :shrug:

4 hours ago, Casual said:

The engine has nothing to do with LBP. It’s entirely from scratch. LBP was always a game limited by its 2D platformer structure and physics as you said. In Dreams you set up your own animations, movement systems etc. there are no limits it’s why people are making everything from FPS, to racers, to puzzle games to pool games

Not only is it an incredibly fast and game development tool, it has amazing features for sound, music, AI, logic, physics creation all underlied by the sharing concept

There will be a ton of jank but it’s also fun to see people’s ideas realised in small 5 minute projects. Even in the beta in only a few weeks the cream of the crop were starting to

tise to the top, people were already sharing best movement and animation systems that are shareable and usable in any project. An example of this is the captain shadow concept which was pulling together tight 3D platformer controls

I was most convinced just watching how much fun the Giant Bomb crew had. Just sitting with a friend Dream surfing is gonna be fun as shit - laughing at some janky trash will be just as fun as some of the incredible stuff talented people put together 

• Thanks 1