Nintendo has been killing it - Jim Sterling

I have to say, Nintendo has been killing it. At a time when the industry is so fucked and there are all these high profile disaster games come out, and certain companies are having AMAs on snake pits, Nintendo has just been bringing out really good games, doing amazing Nintendo Directs, and just impressing everyone. Which is just impressive. Not that they have been completely immune to the financial woes in the industry at the moment, but even then, their approach to that has been healthier, because they are looking at things like improving the value prospect of Switch Online; they’re saying, ‘not enough people subscribed to that, that’s a problem, how do we make it more appealing?’ Not, 'what features can we take away',' how many hundreds of employees can we lose?', not 'can we jump on the live service bandwagon?' and join that oversaturation of content? But then few companies can do what Nintendo can do, which is put out a video about a new Pokemon game and have the entire internet pulling its own lower jaw up in sheer excitement. So thumbs up to Nintendo, I’ve been very critical of them, and I’m sure I will be again, but right now, in the here and now, they seem to be doing alright.

couldn't agree more. the comeback from the wii/wiiu years is astonishing, went from completely swearing off their platforms to switch being one of my favorite consoles ever

And yeah, the directs fucking own, usually. Non-stop big anouncements, no filler, no bullshit. look at how hyped people get from Directs (vs a failed show like inside xbox).

Nintendo's back on the right track, 100%. 3rd party exclusives and world class 1st party games, winning combo.

Edited by Bodycount N
Just now, Bodycount N said:

couldn't agree more. the comeback from the wii/wiiu years is astonishing, went from completely swearing off their platforms to switch being one of my favorite consoles ever

And yeah, the directs fucking own, usually. Non-stop big anouncements, no filler, no bullshit. look at how hyped people get from Directs (vs a failed show like inside xbox).

Nintendo's back on the right track, 100%

iQdxPrj.png&key=e83b9b84602c6de453a63b74

You are incapable of not talking about Xbox :tom:

7 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

iQdxPrj.png&key=e83b9b84602c6de453a63b74

You are incapable of not talking about Xbox :tom:

Wii U to Switch is the greatest console comeback in history. XBox to X is one of the most embarassing efforts. its impossible not to compare the two, their accomplishments dont exist in a vaccuum.

Actually fuck that look at the PS3 to PS4 comeback as well.

Just now, Team 2019 said:

Wii U to Switch is the greatest console comeback in history. XBox to X is one of the most embarassing efforts. its impossible not to compare the two, their accomplishments dont exist in a vaccuum.

Actually fuck that look at the PS3 to PS4 comeback as well.

Xbox One X is not a comeback or intended as one, it fills a void presented half-way through this generation which is the exact intent of both it and the Pro. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Xbox One X is not a comeback or intended as one, it fills a void presented half-way through this generation which is the exact intent of both it and the Pro. 

People expected a slew of games coming and being prepared for their new $500 brick. Not please wait till next-gen. If people knew how piss poor MS would do, many would have just flatout skipped it.

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

People expected a slew of games coming and being prepared for their new $500 brick. Not please wait till next-gen. If people knew how piss poor MS would do, many would have just flatout skipped it.

What people? I expected exactly what it is, it's an Xbox One, that's all it is... It's just multiple times more powerful and for the intent of being used in conjunction with a 4K TV.

That is why it exists... You're so dumb...

Edited by DynamiteCop!

What people? I expected exactly what it is, it's an Xbox One, that's all it is... It's just multiple times more powerful and for the intent of being used in conjunction with a 4K TV.

That is why it exists... You're so dumb...

This is a flatout lie and revisionist history. When Scorpio was announced 18 months before release the general census was that MS was saving their big games to launch alongside the hardware, explaining their weak showings. There were increased games expectations period, and that the problem would be corrected by a new hardware push.

3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

This is a flatout lie and revisionist history. When Scorpio was announced 18 months before release the general census was that MS was saving their big games to launch alongside the hardware, explaining their weak showings. There were increased games expectations period, and that the problem would be corrected by a new hardware push.

Prove this; you're delusional... The irony of saying something as ignorant as "revisionist history" when this is a construct created entirely in your head. 

P.S. That's not a lie, it's an Xbox One for 4K TV's, that is its function.

Edited by DynamiteCop!

Prove this; you're delusional... The irony of saying something as ignorant as "revisionist history" when this is a construct created in your head. 

P.S. That's not a lie, it's an Xbox One for 4K TV's, that is its function.

GTFO no one was expecting Super Lucky Tale to be the biggest new IP to launch with the X.

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

GTFO no one was expecting Super Lucky Tale to be the biggest new IP to launch with the X.

Again your stupid soviet brain can't seem to grasp that this isn't a new console, it's still an Xbox One... The X was not supposed to shape the trajectory of games, it's the same console merely intended for a different display technology...

I can't even grasp the levels of stupidity I'm deriving from what you're saying right now...

Edited by DynamiteCop!

Impossible not to bring Microsoft up in this situation. they're the prime example of what NOT to do as a gaming company, and how not to treat your fanbase, how not to hype people up.

What makes MS's failure even more pronounced is that not only Sony, but Nintendo, the underdog, have the hearts and minds of core gamers on lock now.

MS is the black sheep

9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Again your stupid soviet brain can't seem to grasp that this isn't a new console, it's still an Xbox One... The X was not supposed to shape the trajectory of games, it's the same console merely intended for a different display technology...

I can't even grasp the levels of stupidity I'm deriving from what you're saying right now...

It doesn't matter if it's a new console or not. People were expecting GAMES, and especially first party exclusive ones to show the leap. No one buys a fucking console expecting no games to come out.

New or not, no one brought an XBox irrelevant if it's an S or an X, and have MS tell them wait for next0gen.

Killing it? They announced a game that won't be showing up until the end of the year. They're in a drought outside of fluff indie garbage acquired by the discontinuation of VIta and the nearly dead 3Ds. :mj:

It doesn't matter if it's a new console or not. People were expecting GAMES, and especially first party exclusive ones to show the leap. No one buys a fucking console expecting no games to come out.

New or not, no one brought an XBox irrelevant if it's an S or an X, and have MS tell them wait for next0gen.

Again, Microsoft hasn't said anything about anything, or projected timelines, or when games are releasing, or when their next hardware is releasing.

You are a moron

Just now, Team 2019 said:

You're literally hyping studio purchases that are all next-gen related. 

I look forward to the future but I also live in the here and now, I haven't hyped anything; I'm excited to see what comes of it.

You're turning into Jerry levels of dumb lately. 

I look forward to the future but I also live in the here and now, I haven't hyped anything; I'm excited to see what comes of it.

You're turning into Jerry levels of dumb lately. 

And MS is delivering what exactly now, everyone from the dedicated XBox channels even with $500 Xs are waiting for this miserable gen to end. That's AFTER hyping 18 month worth of X games coming eventually and Phil's promises each E3.

And MS is delivering what exactly now, everyone from the dedicated XBox channels even with $500 Xs are waiting for this miserable gen to end. That's AFTER hyping 18 month worth of X games coming eventually and Phil's promises each E3.

There's plenty of games coming out all the time and none of you PS faggots even address the fact that the X has more enhanced games than the Pro... You just dust that shit right under the rug... All of these Jap games coming out left and right that Xbox doesn't get yet the support on their system eclipsed Sony's even with a year lead time...

:hest: