The Best of the Worst: Xflop vs Pee U

Sure, Wii U flopped first, hard and fast.  I've made my absolute disdain for the console very, very clear.  But let's look at the facts:

Wii U had actual exclusives.  It still has a few that haven't been ported to Switch yet, and it had the goddamned common courtesy to die before its exclusive library got raided.  The situation isn't really any different than PS3 -> PS4 ports, just on a shorter timeline.  It's gone, it's forgotten, but it still has W101, SM3DW, and Pikmin 3.  Until those get ported, anyway.

Xbone on the other hand is giving its exclusives away for free to other platforms.  In MCC's case, you're actually removing the $60 XBL pay wall to play it online.  They charged you $500 for a 1X, gave you Sea of Shit and Crapdown 3, then ported all the games you actually wanted to play to PC.

Xbone's the bigger flop. :reg: 

Spoiler

Deeno went to bat for both of these piece of shit consoles. :cruise: 

I'd throw Wii into the mix. Sold really well but from a game perspective it was not much dfferent from Wii U. 

Easily the worst three consoles released from the big 4 (nintendo, sony, ms and sega). X1 is certainly in a league of it's own though. 

2 minutes ago, Casual said:

I'd throw Wii into the mix. Sold really well but from a game perspective it was not much dfferent from Wii U. 

Wii had Galaxy 1 & 2, No More Heroes 1& 2, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri, and a shitload of other exclusives.  It shat all over Wii U.

3 minutes ago, McWicked said:

Wii had Galaxy 1 & 2, No More Heroes 1& 2, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri, and a shitload of other exclusives.  It shat all over Wii U.

Eh, Galaxy sure. MPT kinda sucked though...Corruption was ass and MP1/2 are terrible with motion controls so unless you didn't have a gamecube i wouldn't bother with that version (also it's available on Wii U). Wii U also had Mario Maker and Splatoon.

Galaxy is definitely the best game to come out of either system though, and probably the only one that matters in the grand scheme. 

Edited by Casual
1 hour ago, McWicked said:

Stopped reading there. :facep:

Wiimote aiming ruined MP1 and 2. 

MP on Gamecube is my favourite game ever. Playing the trilogy version made me feel dirty. Hopefully the Switch version is real and they're forced to include the better controls. 

54 minutes ago, -GD- said:

in terms of exclusives, wiiu >>> xbone. however, xbone has a lot more  - overall - great games. soooo...i guess it depends on the gamer? 

On the other hand, you only got fucked once by purchasing a Wii U.  You got fucked three times if you bought an Xbone, Xbone S, and Xbone 1X. 

Edited by McWicked
3 minutes ago, McWicked said:

On the other hand, you only got fucked once by purchasing a Wii U.  You got fucked three times if you bought an Xbone, Xbone S, and Xbone 1X. 

But you didn’t have to buy the s or the x. Also, the xbone has had a longer shelf life. It really comes down to what you want from a console. 

Edited by -GD-