Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Team 2019

What would make you consider Google's console?

Recommended Posts

Sega exclusives, but here's the thing, there's no fucking way the sega rumours are true. :roff: 

 

Sega sells games that appeal to japan. their #1 game is Yakuza, a Playstation exclusive. Sega would never reboot japanese-centric games like JSR, sonic, etc... on a fucking cuckmerican box.

 

there's literally no way to sell those games to a large enough customer base outside of japan. Sega will always have to rely on playstation and Nintendo in the future. IF JSR does come back (it won't) it would have to be for playstation, just like shenmue had to be.

 

Google might get american-centric games from sega, but that's it. there's no chance of anything good. 

Edited by Bodycount N

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

Sega exclusives, but here's the thing, there's no fucking way the sega rumours are true. :roff: 

 

Sega sells games that appeal to japan. their #1 game is Yakuza, a Playstation exclusive. Sega would never reboot japanese-centric games like JSR, sonic, etc... on a fucking cuckmerican box.

 

there's literally no way to sell those games to a large enough customer base outside of japan. Sega will always have to rely on playstation and Nintendo in the future. IF JSR does come back (it won't) it would have to be for playstation, just like shenmue had to be.

 

Google might get american-centric games from sega, but that's it. there's no chance of anything good. 

You're an idiot.

 

Sega was in bed with Microsoft at the beginning of their console days.  Very much considered the spiritual successor to the Dreamcast.  Sega has absolutely NO problem with working with non-Japanese companies... and you DO realize that Google is planning an INTERNATIONAL device right?  They'll want to have titles that appeal to all regions.

 

And all Sony / Sega bets are off if Google BUYS them.. :reg: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Remij_ said:

You're an idiot.

 

Sega was in bed with Microsoft at the beginning of their console days.  Very much considered the spiritual successor to the Dreamcast.  Sega has absolutely NO problem with working with non-Japanese companies... and you DO realize that Google is planning an INTERNATIONAL device right?  They'll want to have titles that appeal to all regions.

 

And all Sony / Sega bets are off if Google BUYS them.. :reg: 

There is a chance google is footing the bill for games that Sega themselves would have never greenlit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

There is a chance google is footing the bill for games that Sega themselves would have never greenlit.

Of course...

 

Sega is not above anything.. lmao.  They will whore out their IP to whoever wants to do something with it..  Let's not act like exclusivity couldn't be bought very cheaply.

 

I have a feeling Google could go for some classic franchise from multiple well known developers to work the 'nostalgia' strings and get people to feel more comfortable with it.

 

Doom

Old Sega IP

Ubisoft games probably Rayman and Splinter Cell...

Skyrim and other Elder Scrolls games

 

There will be more for sure.  They have to force their way in... and having the same shit as everyone else already established doesn't accomplish that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is interesting though. But that would debunk all the Sega rumours since, those come with Google making a console.

 

ZhugeEX: "[Console] is not the right word."

Edited by Team 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

lmao, Aza excited about everything he's been against since PS Now started. :mj:

Of course I'm excited, cause it's going to cause internet meltdowns and add forum fun. The rumours are they might be making a normal specced console... Not limited to streaming only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×