Valve's new VR headset is coming in May

Just now, jehurey said:

Didn't their VR team, or some specific team leave Valve just recently?

And they better have controllers for that, because that Valve gamepad was a total failure.

They downsized.  Probably because most of the major work was now done.  I dunno.

But yea man, don't worry.. they'll have controllers.  They'll have the best VR controllers actually.  I've used them :face: 

valve-knuckles-dv-1.jpg

Just now, bhytre said:

That's a lot of VR junk building up on PosC 

Is this wireless at least?

I dunno.  I doubt it... but that would be sweet.

Whatever they've designed.. they basically said "screw HTC.. we'll do this better ourselves" and now have made their own.  Hopefully the price is competitive.

2 minutes ago, kaz said:

who gives a shit. i want half life 3.

fuck A and B

What if this is REQUIRED for Half-Life 3.

Let me ask you a better question.

Just how much in MANDATORY accessory expenses could Valve get away with if its packaged with Half-Life 3, and those PC diehard are desperately waiting for the game?

If Valve wanted to enter the VR game, they'd need a killer app that justifies the VR experience.

Just now, jehurey said:

Just how much in MANDATORY accessory expenses could Valve get away with if its packaged with Half-Life 3, and those PC diehard are desperately waiting for the game?

If Valve wanted to enter the VR game, they'd need a killer app that justifies the VR experience.

I guess I'd never played Half-Life 3 then, it's been 12 years since the last game so it's not like it'd be any different. 

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

trust me IF half life 3 ever releases it will be ground breaking but you won't have to equip a VR module. you could play it the traditional way or choose a holographic version.

VR is outdated by the time HL3 releases. Mark my words, faggots. 

Half Life 3 will be played in a simulation like the holo deck in star trek. :glad: 

7 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Lmao, what kind of faggot wants to play games with a plastic helmet on his head? VR is for creeps.

fuck you and your VR faggotry

2 minutes ago, kaz said:

trust me IF half life 3 ever releases it will be ground breaking but you won't have to equip a VR module. you could play it the traditional way or choose a holographic version.

VR is outdated by the time HL3 releases. Mark my words, faggots. 

Half Life 3 will be played in a simulation like the holo deck in star trek. :glad: 

How about this.

VR Runble, that knocks your head around when you get hit in the game.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

How about this.

VR Runble, that knocks your head around when you get hit in the game.

you don't understand what a simulation is. this "rumble" mechanic would be included because you are literally there.

Just now, kaz said:

you don't understand what a simulation is. this "rumble" mechanic would be included because you are literally there.

You're going to get a VR headset for Half-Life.

We know how that's going to look like:

D3yWr3j.gif