Modded my joycons + new keyboard

I still use my 7 year old tenkeyless coolermaster quickrapid with no lights connected to my ps/2 slot. 

image.png

Think that but no logos and white keys. I also owned a corsair strafe mx brown, but I don't touch it cause I prefer the tenkeyless. 

1 hour ago, Alphonse said:

I still use my 7 year old tenkeyless coolermaster quickrapid with no lights connected to my ps/2 slot. 

image.png

Think that but no logos and white keys. I also owned a corsair strafe mx brown, but I don't touch it cause I prefer the tenkeyless

Do you find your PC gaming abilities improved with the space brought by smaller keyboard?

Just now, The Mother Fucker said:

Do you find your PC gaming abilities improved with the space brought by smaller keyboard?

It's all the same, but I love the free space it provides. 

1 hour ago, Alphonse said:

image.png

Think that but no logos and white keys. I also owned a corsair strafe mx brown, but I don't touch it cause I prefer the tenkeyless. 

I currently have a Corsair K70 Rapidfire with the Cherry MX Speed Switches.  I really liked it at first, but it's starting to double tap now and it's getting annoying.

21 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I currently have a Corsair K70 Rapidfire with the Cherry MX Speed Switches.  I really liked it at first, but it's starting to double tap now and it's getting annoying.

I like some feedback, so mx blue for me. Brown is aight, but I'm too heavy-handed for red.  have you tried black and brown keys? brown requires the same force as red but it's tactile so it might help with preventing double tap. 

for most of my adult life I used rubber membrane keyboards so I looked at mechanical keyboards with a blind eye.     I recall loving the keyboard feel I experienced as a kid playing on the Commodore 128D, the computer is very similar to the Amiga 1000.     I researched what switches they used and it was Type 2 switche underslung spring, these switches were produced by Mitsumi which is non-existent brand today outside of Japan. 

I figured MX Black or Brown would probably be the closet equivalent and I decided on MX Brown as I read Black had stronger resistance.  

31 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

I like some feedback, so mx blue for me. Brown is aight, but I'm too heavy-handed for red.  have you tried black and brown keys? brown requires the same force as red but it's tactile so it might help with preventing double tap. 

Yea I mean, I always figured these keys would do that eventually.  They have a very small activation force as they are designed to be quick (obviously) but it was good in the beginning, but now it's getting worse, so I think they are just wearing out.

I've tried Reds and Blues, and now the Speeds.  Never tried Browns or Blacks, so we'll have to see.  The MX730 can come with Reds, Blues, and Browns.. so maybe I'll try the Browns.

4 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Yea I mean, I always figured these keys would do that eventually.  They have a very small activation force as they are designed to be quick (obviously) but it was good in the beginning, but now it's getting worse, so I think they are just wearing out.

I've tried Reds and Blues, and now the Speeds.  Never tried Browns or Blacks, so we'll have to see.  The MX730 can come with Reds, Blues, and Browns.. so maybe I'll try the Browns.

If you like blues, check out the Kaihua box white switches.  They're a clicky switch like the MX blue, but they have a bit shorter travel distance, are a bit lighter, and are much much smoother.

7 hours ago, Alphonse said:

image.png

CM makes solid products.  What switches you rocking?