So did any of you guys get FF7 for Xbox or Switch?

2 minutes ago, Alien Jim said:

I want you to do that, too. I could use some more stretch marks!

Wait, are you saying you once got fucked so hard, you got stretch marks after? Damn.

I wasn’t going to but I did.

Characters and storyline still totally stand up.

The mini games are still awful, and the visuals still occasionally clash. 

Materia system is just as deep and varied. Combat is still good.

Unlike with IX, I didn’t think it was overrated and my nostalgia for it is justified. :trump: Great game.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Truno2018 said:

I wasn’t going to but I did.

Characters and storyline still totally stand up.

The mini games are still awful, and the visuals still occasionally clash. 

Materia system is just as deep and varied. Combat is still good.

Unlike with IX, I didn’t think it was overrated and my nostalgia for it is justified. :trump: Great game.

This.  VII stands up favorably compared to IX.  Maybe it's IX's structure or just that the combat feels slow, but it's harder for me to get into this time around.  VII on the other hand, I'm already at the Gold Saucer.  This game has held up really well.  So well, in fact, that what we've seen of the remake looks like a disaster waiting to happen.  I'd rather they just remake the game as-is; a shot-for-shot remake of the original with the same systems behind it.

Just give me FFVII with better graphics, not Kingdom Hearst VII. :meh: 

I replay every ff regularly. and I don't need mods to enjoy the ps1 era ff games. 

on android btw. 

Edited by kaz
15 hours ago, McWicked said:

This.  VII stands up favorably compared to IX.  Maybe it's IX's structure or just that the combat feels slow, but it's harder for me to get into this time around.  VII on the other hand, I'm already at the Gold Saucer.  This game has held up really well.  So well, in fact, that what we've seen of the remake looks like a disaster waiting to happen.  I'd rather they just remake the game as-is; a shot-for-shot remake of the original with the same systems behind it.

Just give me FFVII with better graphics, not Kingdom Hearst VII. :meh: 

IX is just a Final Fantasy Greatest Hits and every other FF game on PS1 and PS2 did far more interesting things gameplay and/or story wise.

People who have wanted the FF7 remake for two decades are going to be bitterly disappointed by this remake, it’s inevitable. 

50 minutes ago, Truno2018 said:

People who have wanted the FF7 remake for two decades are going to be bitterly disappointed by this remake, it’s inevitable. 

Many will, for sure.  Of course I'd love the exact same style as the original with crazy high res new pre-rendered backgrounds and super detailed characters and awesome cutscenes and all that..  But also, in a way.. I want them to do something different with it.  I mean, we already have the original... What they showed before looked badass.  It had the exact tone I was hoping for, and the fidelity of the graphics and cutscenes was great.  FF7 at that fidelity will be a treat.

2 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Many will, for sure.  Of course I'd love the exact same style as the original with crazy high res new pre-rendered backgrounds and super detailed characters and awesome cutscenes and all that..  But also, in a way.. I want them to do something different with it.  I mean, we already have the original... What they showed before looked badass.  It had the exact tone I was hoping for, and the fidelity of the graphics and cutscenes was great.  FF7 at that fidelity will be a treat.

Depends what market they want to appeal to. The veteran gamers or the new generation who haven't played FFVII. FFVII was the first RPG game I played.

Edited by Alien Jim